Pending Order Script doesn't work

Hi! There is a Scripts attached. The Script should set buy limit or buy stop orders in the chart with the mouse (drag and drop), but the script doesn't work.

I use Meta Trader 4.00 built 880.

Can anybody tell me, how can i patch the script?

Files:

TraderFWbut the script doesn't work.
  1. "Doesn't work" is meaningless - just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires - meaningless. There are no mind readers here.
  2. result = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,Lots,Price,slippage,stop_loss,take_profit,"",0,0,CLR_NONE);

Check your return codes (OrderSend) and find out why. What are Function return values ? How do I use them ? - MQL4 forum and Common Errors in MQL4 Programs and How to Avoid Them - MQL4 Articles

WHRoeder:
TraderFWbut the script doesn't work.
  1. "Doesn't work" is meaningless - just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires - meaningless. There are no mind readers here.
  2. Check your return codes (OrderSend) and find out why. What are Function return values ? How do I use them ? - MQL4 forum and Common Errors in MQL4 Programs and How to Avoid Them - MQL4 Articles

Thanks for reply. The problem is, that if i drag the script from the navigator window in the chart, no pending buy order will placed in the chart.

The journal tab displays no proceedings.

The MetaEditor compiler gives 3 warnings out:

variable 'cmd' not used

variable 'total' not used

variable 'error' not used

To check the OrderSend function i have placed  the following code at the end  of the script:

int TicketNumber;

TicketNumber = OrderSend( . . . . . . . . );

if( TicketNumber > 0 )
   {
   Print("Order placed # ", TicketNumber);
   }
else
   {
   Print("Order Send failed, error # ", GetLastError() );
   }

than i restarted the Meta Trader and drag the script from the navigator window in the chart again, but after that, in the journal tab appears no messages or errors. 

Which steps are necessary to run the script?

I'm newbie to program and very grateful for your help guys! Thanks

The journal tab displays no proceedings.

Look in the Experts tab, not the journal

You need to click on "Auto Trading" in the toolbar if it has a red circle to enable auto trading

GumRai
:

You need to click on "Auto Trading" in the toolbar if it has a red circle to enable auto trading

Thanks a million! I did not know, that "Auto Trading" is to enable! Now the script works very well.

I have modified the script, because i do not want to enter stop loss and take profit values,

so i have removed the corresponding strings in the script (orange tagged),

but now the MetaEditor compiler issue the warning "implicit conversion from 'string' to 'number'. 

This is the original script:

#property show_inputs
//#property show_confirm

extern double Lots    = 0.1;
extern int Slippage   = 3;
extern int Stop_Loss  = 20;
extern int Take_Profit = 20;

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| script "Open a new Buy Order"                                    |
int start()
  {
   double Price = WindowPriceOnDropped();
   bool   result;
   int    cmd,total,error,slippage;

//----
   int NrOfDigits = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS);   // Nr. of decimals used by Symbol
   int PipAdjust;                                       // Pips multiplier for value adjustment
      if(NrOfDigits == 5 || NrOfDigits == 3)            // If decimals = 5 or 3
         PipAdjust = 10;                                // Multiply pips by 10
         else
      if(NrOfDigits == 4 || NrOfDigits == 2)            // If digits = 4 or 3 (normal)
         PipAdjust = 1;            
//----   

slippage = Slippage * PipAdjust; 

double stop_loss = Price - Stop_Loss * Point * PipAdjust;
   double take_profit = Price + Take_Profit * Point * PipAdjust; 

if(Ask > Price)
   {
   result = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,Lots,Price,slippage,stop_loss,take_profit,"",0,0,CLR_NONE);
   }
   if(Ask < Price)
   {
   result = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,Price,slippage,stop_loss,take_profit,"",0,0,CLR_NONE);
   }
//----
   return(0);
  }

And here is my modified version:

#property show_inputs
//#property show_confirm

extern double Lots    = 0.1;
extern int Slippage   = 3;

//| script "Open a new Buy Order"                                    |
int start()
  {
   double Price = WindowPriceOnDropped();
   bool   result;
   int    cmd,total,error,slippage;

//----
   int NrOfDigits = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_DIGITS);   // Nr. of decimals used by Symbol
   int PipAdjust;                                       // Pips multiplier for value adjustment
      if(NrOfDigits == 5 || NrOfDigits == 3)            // If decimals = 5 or 3
         PipAdjust = 10;                                // Multiply pips by 10
         else
      if(NrOfDigits == 4 || NrOfDigits == 2)            // If digits = 4 or 3 (normal)
         PipAdjust = 1;            
//----   

slippage = Slippage * PipAdjust; 

if(Ask > Price)
   {
   result = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,Lots,Price,slippage,"",0,0,CLR_NONE);
   }
   if(Ask < Price)
   {
   result = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYSTOP,Lots,Price,slippage,"",0,0,CLR_NONE);
   }
//----
   return(0);
  }

What does the warning "implicit conversion from 'string' to 'number' mean? Influence? How can it be elminated?

Many thanks for informing. 

result = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUYLIMIT,Lots,Price,slippage,0,0,"",0,0,CLR_NONE);
If you don't want SL or TP, you still have to enter a value in the parameters. In this case 0

TraderFW:

What does the warning "implicit conversion from 'string' to 'number' mean? Influence? How can it be elminated?

Many thanks for informing. 

That is because when it got to where it was expecting a numerical value for the SL, it came across ""

Great job, GumRai!

One last question. 

To hedge the buy position: assuming that Meta Trader execute a pending buy order (entry point reached), is there a script which automatically can put a pending sell order (e.g. 10 pips under the buy price) at the buy moment?

TraderFW:

Great job, GumRai!

One last question. 

To hedge the buy position: assuming that Meta Trader execute a pending buy order (entry point reached), is there a script which automatically can put a pending sell order (e.g. 10 pips under the buy price) at the buy moment?

Not a thing that is ideally dealt with by a script, it would be better to write an EA.

In my opinion, it is a stupid idea to open a so called "Hedge" position with the same instrument. You may as well just close the original position.

99.99% of people just don't understand hedging.

GumRai:

Yes, it worked for me, with "Auto Trading" enabled.

Often  "Auto Trading" is disabled after an MT4 version update. 

I have not been able to find a way to stop this behaviour, so each Monday morning I recheck    "Auto Trading".

GumRai:

Not a thing that is ideally dealt with by a script, it would be better to write an EA.

In my opinion, it is a stupid idea to open a so called "Hedge" position with the same instrument. You may as well just close the original position.

99.99% of people just don't understand hedging.

Hi GumRai, 

thanks for reply! 

If i close the position with SL, it makes loss e.g. 10 pips.

Hedging this position would compensate the loss till the price is coming back.

Hedging a position by another instrument can generate additional losses, if the price also runs in the loss direction.

Therefore, why is hedging a position with the same instrument in your opinion a stupid idea?

Best regards 

Reason: