Help! Can't generate MT4 ex4 files in windows 10

When I compile an .mq4  EA or indicator in the metaeditor it does not generate an .ex4 file. I have new Windows 10. I also cant download ex4 indicators or EA  files from various forex forums for some reason. It asks me to choose a program or app to download it. Any ideas?

Thanks. 

glennmccomber:

When I compile an .mq4  EA or indicator in the metaeditor it does not generate an .ex4 file.

I have new Windows 10. I also cant download ex4 indicators or EA  files from various forex forums for some reason. It asks me to choose a program or app to download it.

1. What error message to you get? did you put the code in the proper folder? Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 17.02.2014
  2. I've never seen Windows ask to choose a program to download, only to open files.

Thanks for reply. I found problem  Cheers!

Hi fxgrmjr

I have the same problem. Can you tell me how you were able to solve it.

-------

When I compile an .mq4  EA or indicator in the metaeditor it does not generate an .ex4 file. I have new Windows 10. I also cant download ex4 indicators or EA  files from various forex forums for some reason. It asks me to choose a program or app to download it. Any ideas?

---------

Reason: