can't see symbols in Market Watch and in order window

Hi, 

I'm pretty new to MT4 , and using Win 8.1 . It seems that I have problem seeing the symbols in Market Watch and in order window(see added pic) . in Market Watch I can see it only when I select it. In order window I can't even select and place an order. (I guess the problem is related because I have free margin). 

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem  ?

Edit:
after some tries I could partly solve the issue:
* using "hide all" than "show all"(or just "show all"). I can see the Symbols added (the original symbols still have the same issue). and after that, I can place order to all of the symbols. 
* if I  "hide all" again - the problem returns - and I cannot place any order.
* closing Market Watch window entirely (after it was set to "show all" before closing) - seem to work fine as well.

However, It is still annoying and and made me worry of similar problems that may arouse. So, I will be still happy for any tip with regards to solving this issue.  

Thanks. 

d_e: (I guess the problem is related because I have free margin).

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem

1. I guess the problem is related to the fact that you don't have any symbols in the pull down.
  2. no.

WHRoeder:
d_e: (I guess the problem is related because I have free margin).

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem

1. I guess the problem is related to the fact that you don't have any symbols in the pull down.
  2. no.
Thanks. but why I don't have symbols in the pull down - anything one can do to enable symbols ? 

If you have open charts, hide all won't hide that/those pair(s).

The terminal only downloads data for the symbols in the market watch window.

Just make sure that you have a chart open for the symbol that you want to trade and it will automatically be added to market watch

In your image, you have the EURUSD chart open, but are trying to open a trade with USDCHF, so I guess that you don't have the USDCHF chart open in the profile

The other possibility is that your broker has more than 1 symbol sets for different types of account.

Ie, you may have a mini account and are only able to trade symbols with a suffix such as m. So you may have access to USDCHF charts, but can only trade USDCHFm 

d_e:
Thanks. but why I don't have symbols in the pull down - anything one can do to enable symbols ? 
Hi, when you hovered your mouse above the symbol in the Market Watch window, you would read the tooltip if they were tradable. In case they were not, they wouldn't appear in the pull down.

hi, I need help with my account cause I mistakenly delete all my market watch options, and can't find any symbols on my account. but when I log into my other trading account I can see all the currency pairs in my  other account.

DAUDA DANIEL:
hi, I need help with my account cause I mistakenly delete all my market watch options, and can't find any symbols on my account. but when I log into my other trading account I can see all the currency pairs in my  other account.

You can enable instruments in MT4/5 >> View >> Symbols and bring back Marketwatch window in MT4/5 >> View >> Marketwatch.

Thanks, it worked for me to, I had the same issue.

But they should fix the issue

Mugisa Nathan #:

Thanks, it worked for me to, I had the same issue.

But they should fix the issue

how did you fix it?

Nothing happens when I click to add symbols. Trading option isn't listed. Not sure what's going on. How do I add these things?

Reason: