Expert advisor settings question

Hello, 

I'm using a lot size calculator script and I'm trying to "enable live trading" for it.  I can enable it from the tool, but I don't want to have to manually do it every time.  In the install video they show a global setting that can be ticked  from TOOLS>Expert Advisors tab.  The problem is that the check box/option for "enable live trading" in my MT4 is missing.  Am I missing something?  Is it in a different place in this build (840)?  Please advise! 

"Do it manually every time" : You mean for different terminal for different brokers ?

You meant Tools -> Options -> Expert Advisors, and that's where it is.

WHRoeder:
You meant Tools -> Options -> Expert Advisors, and that's where it is.

Hi All,

By "do it manually" I mean checking the tick box from the tool itself before it can be applied to a chart (using a single paper account now).  See comparative screenshots below for what I mean, there literally isn't the option for "allow live trading" within the expert advisors tab of "options".  Please advise ?

An EA and a script are two different things.  By design, a script is only meant to be run once.  If you want it to run again, you start it again.  If you want something that will continuously watch the market and trade when the event that you are using in your script happens, design and build an EA to do that.  The EA, within the window that opens for that EA, is where you select it to "allow live trading", and then, on the platform window (along the top edge of the bar), you also have to enable AutoTrading.

Edit: On your second window, the actual name is "Allow automated trading."  That is what allows the EA to automatically make trading decisions, if that is what it is built to do.  Check that as well, if you want your EAs to be able to make the trades without you having to select them all the time.

dnlphillips:

Hi All,

By "do it manually" I mean checking the tick box from the tool itself before it can be applied to a chart (using a single paper account now).  See comparative screenshots below for what I mean, there literally isn't the option for "allow live trading" within the expert advisors tab of "options".  Please advise ?

When you attach an EA to a chart, click on the common tab and you will see the option to allow live trading.
Reason: