Problem importing DLL on MT4 under Wine on Linux [solved]

Hello there,

I wanted to import a library for my expert with :

#import "B:/drawer.dll"
   int portotype();
#import

Here the result when I run the expert:

Cannot load "B:\drawer.dll" [126]

You can see that the file exist on the B: drive on the explorer.

The DLL option on MT4 is checked.

I have tried before that to load the DLL from the Libraries folder like usual but same result.

Can someone help me I need this DLL to use my expert.

Thanks.

When you tried it in the libraries folder, how did you call it?

honest_knave:
When you tried it in the libraries folder, how did you call it?
#import "drawer.dll"
   int portotype();
#import
with drawer.dll in /MQL4/Libraries/

Problem solved : I installed the original exe, keeper of the DLL and loaded it directly from c:/windows/system32/ and it worked. Probably something wrong with the DLL file may be due to permissions or others factors.

Topic closed

Interesting. I've run MT4/Wine for several years, but oddly I've never tried using an external DLL through MT4 on a wine install.

So I just gave it a go, and tried a few different tricks but I couldn't get it to load. 

honest_knave:

Interesting. I've run MT4/Wine for several years, but oddly I've never tried using an external DLL through MT4 on a wine install.

So I just gave it a go, and tried a few different tricks but I couldn't get it to load. 

Hi Honest_knave,

Im going through forum post and see you are familiar with running MT4 on a MAC through Wine. I AM HAVING A BIG PROBLEM CAN YOU PLEASE HELP.

Here are pictures of the problem..

This is the MT4 program Im using on my MAC through Wine. 

The mt4 program I am using on my Mac Computer through Wine 

File>Open Data Folder>Wine Explorer

Click the MQL4 folder

Click the indicators folder

I can not copy any of these indicators or paste any custom indicators inside this folder. I don't understand why I can't complete any of these commands (PROBLEM)

2nd Option: find indicator folder through the Application (show package Contents) 

As you can see the highlighted indicators are my indicators I pasted in this indicator folder. 

BUT they do not show up in the MT4 Program or in the Navigator Panel

How do I fix this problem to use the indicators.. I have tried many things and for weeks and had no success.. PLEASE HELP me solve this problem its slowing down my trading.. Thanks  

Reason: