custom moving average

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
pusan123456 2015.06.28 22:11

Quick question to anyone who can help. ok here goes, say i add the custom moving average to my mt4 chart in a seperate window can i add values to same indicator to have same indicator ocilitate between a high value and a low value like what the stochastic does? if yes how can i add these values, wherenwould i go to set these values?
JD4 2015.06.28 22:24 #

There is ways to adjust the visual on your trading platform, I am sure.  I presume you are talking about MT4 here, so I will check that on my end, and see if I can recreate what you are talking about.

Edit: I am not seeing what you are talking about, I think.  I added the CMA, it is showing in the chart with the bars, and added the stochastic, which is showing in a separate window below the price bar area.  While not a perfect oscillation, I am seeing the CMA swinging up and down similar to how the stochastic indicator is, but the only thing I can think of to adjust it is right clicking on the indicator line in the window, and going to the inputs tab and adjusting the inputs from there.  I tried on mine and it is not letting me adjust anything in there.

pusan123456 2015.06.28 23:54 #

JD4:

There is ways to adjust the visual on your trading platform, I am sure.  I presume you are talking about MT4 here, so I will check that on my end, and see if I can recreate what you are talking about.

Edit: I am not seeing what you are talking about, I think.  I added the CMA, it is showing in the chart with the bars, and added the stochastic, which is showing in a separate window below the price bar area.  While not a perfect oscillation, I am seeing the CMA swinging up and down similar to how the stochastic indicator is, but the only thing I can think of to adjust it is right clicking on the indicator line in the window, and going to the inputs tab and adjusting the inputs from there.  I tried on mine and it is not letting me adjust anything in there.

what i had done was with a chart open i drag the stochastics to the chart and that stochastic was in a seperate window, then i went to metaeditor open indicators and open the custom moving average (CMA) THEN I THINK ITS THE THIRD LINE THAT SAYS OPEN IN CHART WINDOW I SELECT THAT LINE AND CHANGE IT TO OPEN IN SEPERATE WINDOW THEN I COMPILE IT AND AND CLOSE META EDITOR AND THEN THE SAME WAY I DRAG THE STOCHASTICS TO THE CHART I DRAG THE (CMA) ON THE STOCHASTICS AND IT WORKED FINE. WHAT I WANT TO DO NOW IS ADD VALUES TO THE SAME (CMA). A HIGH AND LOW VALUE SAME LIKE THE STOCHASTICS. I HAD WENT BACK TO METAEDITOR TO ADD THE VALUES IN THE (CMA) I COMPILE IT IT SHOWS NO ERRORS AND IT WAS OK BUT WEN IO DRAG IT ON TO THE STOCHASTICS AGAIN I STILL DONT SEE THE VALUES. AND SO I NOW SEEK HELP HERE :)
JD4 2015.06.29 03:18 #

Are you using MT4 or 5?  I went back in, (on MT4) and added the CMA to the current chart (which still has the stochastic in the window below.  I closed out the CMA, and tried reloading it.  On one of the tabs there was a choice to "show in data window" and check or uncheck, I tried both ways, and with it checked or not, it still shows up with the bar chart.  Is this a CMA that you are designing or the one available in the normal trading platform supply?  Because, there is a CMA available in it.
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register