The world is changing, I don't how to import and convert the data now! - page 3

ydrol:

PS I see Birt has already answered a week ago re TDS, on his forum - and even said what TDS is? And tickstory have already answered you on thier forum regarding their launcher issue?  Why are you asking all the same questions again here? It doesnt look good!  

I'm interested in backtesting and data generation, but it seems you are just asking the same questions all over the place? And you are not even interested in tick data? just H1?  TickStory and TickDataSuite are for getting ticks

If you want higher timeframes just delete all your history, download M1 data, and import into CSV.  Forget Tickstory, Forget TDS Just let MT make up ticks, as you don't seem to care about ticks much. Of course your back testing wont be accurate at all until you realise you need ticks.

PPS Your TS issue is probably because MT updated itself. Please discuss with TS on their forum. Oh looks like you started already! Menu->Help->About Let TS know on their own forum if their instructions to prevent updates are wrong.

From Birt  "If you want 90% backtesting, simply use the Metaquotes download center, it’s decent if you’re not looking for high precision." Decide if you want tick data or not.  

I forgot the description of TDS, thanks for reminding. 

I told I don't need Tick data as I thought tick is a kind of special time frame besides M1, M5, ..., D1, W1,... I  misunderstood?

If using MT4 download center, I can't get sufficient history data from my broker. That's why I have to find some other feasible way.  

I forgot the description of TDS, thanks for reminding

You specifically asked the author and was answered. Also a quick google search would have reminded. 

Basically you had everything right from post 1. Just ignore backtest 'n/a' . import the data just like you did in your first post CSV2FXT This should create a good M1 data.  Then just run it. Backtest will say 'n/a' . Ignore it. As long as you can see the tick count in the final report.

If you still insist on seeing the backtest say '99%'  (even though its not a real measure of anything at present) you need to use an external program like TS or TDS. In that case please  contact those vendors directly. but they will think you want tick data, which is what '99%' means (sort of).

You are asking to see a number that is not really important and wasting your own time! 

PS I hope I dont sound rude but, if you dont understand what tick data is - google it and find out. There is plenty of information. Google before asking , and put some effort into understanding the answers that people give, rather than just asking again ?

I think learning to trade requires some basic ability to digest and reflect on information given. Try not to ask more questions faster than you take time to understand the answers already given. 

ydrol:

You specifically asked the author and was answered. Also a quick google search would have reminded. 

Basically you had everything right from post 1. Just ignore backtest 'n/a' . import the data just like you did in your first post CSV2FXT This should create a good M1 data.  Then just run it. Backtest will say 'n/a' . Ignore it. As long as you can see the tick count in the final report.

If you still insist on seeing the backtest say '99%'  (even though its not a real measure of anything at present) you need to use an external program like TS or TDS. In that case please  contact those vendors directly. but they will think you want tick data, which is what '99%' means (sort of).

You are asking to see a number that is not really important and wasting your own time! 

PS I hope I dont sound rude but, if you dont understand what tick data is - google it and find out. There is plenty of information. Google before asking , and put some effort into understanding the answers that people give, rather than just asking again ?

I think learning to trade requires some basic ability to digest and reflect on information given. Try not to ask more questions faster than you take time to understand the answers already given. 

Dear Ydrol, 

Thanks a lot for your comment and advice.

By the way, Google.com isn't available in my country. However, I always tried to find answers before asking as I always know asking on forums isn't an efficient way in fact.  

jollydragon:

I forgot the description of TDS, thanks for reminding. 

I told I don't need Tick data as I thought tick is a kind of special time frame besides M1, M5, ..., D1, W1,... I  misunderstood?

If using MT4 download center, I can't get sufficient history data from my broker. That's why I have to find some other feasible way.  

A "tick" isn't really a special time frame, but it is the next lower "time frame" from M1.  Difference being, there is really no OHLC on ticks, from what I have seen anyway.  They are basically 1 price and volume of the item being traded at that instant, and all of them that happen between the start and end of the minute end up becoming the OHLC and total volume for that specific minute.

JD4:
A "tick" isn't really a special time frame, but it is the next lower "time frame" from M1.  Difference being, there is really no OHLC on ticks, from what I have seen anyway.  They are basically 1 price and volume of the item being traded at that instant, and all of them that happen between the start and end of the minute end up becoming the OHLC and total volume for that specific minute.
Yes, I saw tick charts from some brokers which are completely different from time charts. There is only some dots instead of OHLC candles on the charts. 

jollydragon:
Yes, I saw tick charts from some brokers which are completely different from time charts. There is only some dots instead of OHLC candles on the charts. 
That sounds about right, the dots would be where the price for that particular tick is at at the represented instant.

jollydragon: I saw tick charts from some brokers which are completely different from time charts. There is only some dots instead of OHLC candles on the charts. 
or from MT4. Market watch (control-m)
Reason: