Help needed :) I need more bars then starting tester

Hello,

I need some help please. I want to make calculations in my EA from more than 1000 bars then starting strategy tester. It seems 1000 is the limit, no idea why this number is set.... The best answer what I can find was to let strategy tester print more bars and then allow your EA to work. However I want to use WFA (walk forward test) software, with lots of sliding windows... At the time if I start back testing I never get full data because of this 1000 limit and calculations are wrong every new WFA window, so results is worthless. I can make WFA test manually and skip this nonsense with printing more bars each test, but it would take too long time. Maybe someone solved this? How do I change for more bars then starting strategy tester? 

Thanks in advance! 

Only thing I can think of is go find your own history file and feed it in that way.  How to do that, I have no clue.  Sorry.  On MT5, there is an optimization setup that you can make use of.  From what I understand, you can optimize your EA on it by making use of distributed computing.  There is a cost for it, but supposedly, it takes a lot less time than it would for you to do the equivalent yourself just on your own computer.

JD4:
Only thing I can think of is go find your own history file and feed it in that way.  How to do that, I have no clue.  Sorry.  On MT5, there is an optimization setup that you can make use of.  From what I understand, you can optimize your EA on it by making use of distributed computing.  There is a cost for it, but supposedly, it takes a lot less time than it would for you to do the equivalent yourself just on your own computer.

Thank you for answer JD4!

I have no idea how to do your suggested idea too (reading my own history file and feed my EA with it).

Just made quick test with mt5 ST(strategy tester), it offers even less bars when ST starts. Bars() count is only 270 comparing with mt4 1000.

So I made a decision to limit my calculations for 1000 bars in my EA, and if I need older history, I can take it from higher TF, it might work, if I understand it correctly :)

Have a nice day! 

za1jcas:

Thank you for answer JD4!

I have no idea how to do your suggested idea too (reading my own history file and feed my EA with it).

Just made quick test with mt5 ST(strategy tester), it offers even less bars when ST starts. Bars() count is only 270 comparing with mt4 1000.

So I made a decision to limit my calculations for 1000 bars in my EA, and if I need older history, I can take it from higher TF, it might work, if I understand it correctly :)

Have a nice day! 

Welcome, glad was able to help.  I know on higher timeframes you can end up going back further (because they cover more time per bar), just wish that it would work that you can go back up to 100 bars on max timeframe, and whatever real world time period that would cover, go back to the same point in time on all of the other timeframes as well.  Like if the monthly only went back to July 2007 (from current time), then you could also go back that far all the way down to the minute area.
Reason: