OrderSend() sending sometimes

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
DeanDeV 2015.06.23 18:43

Hey guys,

I need some help please. I send a buy stop, when price hits the buy stop it opens a buy order. When this happens I would like my EA to send a corresponding sell stop when price enters the buy stop. Now; this for loop works most of the time, however, there are a few occasions it does not. Any reason why it would not sometimes?

for(int u=OrdersTotal()-1; u>=0; u--) 
    {
     if(!OrderSelect(u,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) continue;
      if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())
       if(OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber1) 
        {
         if(TimeCurrent()-OrderOpenTime()==0)     //When price enters buy stop
          if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
           {
            if(Bars!=ThisBarTrade)
             {
              ThisBarTrade=Bars;

int SellStopOrder=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,LotSize,Price,3,StopLoss,TakeProfit,"sell stop order",MagicNumber2,0,clrRed);
               if(SellStopOrder<0) Print("Failed to place sell stop order, error#",GetLastError());
             }
           } 
        }

Also note that it does not return any error values so I don't think it even makes it to the OrderSend().

WHRoeder 2015.06.23 21:49 #

1.         if(TimeCurrent()-OrderOpenTime()==0)     //When price enters buy stop
    No need for this test. OrderType==OP_BUY tells you it has open. The test fails because the order opens, time passes, next tick occurs, you get called - so TimeCurrent() can be different than OrderOpenTime(). They will be equal only if you receive multiple ticks per second (broker and network dependent.)

2. if(Bars!=ThisBarTrade)
    Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time. New candle - MQL4 forum
DeanDeV 2015.06.24 02:43 #

WHRoeder:
  1. No need for this test. OrderType==OP_BUY tells you it has open. The test fails because the order opens, time passes, next tick occurs, you get called - so TimeCurrent() can be different than OrderOpenTime(). They will be equal only if you receive multiple ticks per second (broker and network dependent.)

Hey WHRoeder,

Always appreciate your responses. I used this: 

if(TimeCurrent()-OrderOpenTime()==0) 

Such that it only trades once the stop order opens, if I remove it, it trades every new candle. Is there any other filter I can use...? 

Could I not use something like this:

if(TimeCurrent()-OrderOpenTime()<=60) 
WHRoeder 2015.06.24 02:57 #

DeanDeV: I used this: Such that it only trades once the stop order opens, if I remove it, it trades every new candle.

That's not what it does. It tests if the order was opened the same second: TimeCurrent() == OrderOpenTime()

The

if(Bars!=ThisBarTrade){
   ThisBarTrade=Bars;
should prevent a second open.
DeanDeV 2015.06.24 03:17 #

WHRoeder:

That's not what it does. It tests if the order was opened the same second: TimeCurrent() == OrderOpenTime()

The

should prevent a second open.

Isn't the ThisBarTrade equivalent to isNewBar as a filter?

It is still sending every candle after entering..

for(int u=OrdersTotal()-1; u>=0; u--) 
    {
     if(!OrderSelect(u,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)) continue;
      if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol())
       if(OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber1) 
        {
         if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
           {
            if(isNewBar)
             {
              if(Bars!=ThisBarTrade)
               {
                ThisBarTrade=Bars;

int SellStopOrder=OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELLSTOP,LotSize,Price,3,StopLoss,TakeProfit,"sell stop order",MagicNumber2,0,clrRed);
               if(SellStopOrder<0) Print("Failed to place sell stop order, error#",GetLastError());
               }
             }
           } 
        }

I also need it to send the sell stop on the same candle the buy stop gets hit so isNewBar does not help? 

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register