MT4 MQ4 not only access broker's server but other IPs, eg. from Singapore

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
dolemi 2015.06.18 20:01

Does anyone has any idea why MT4 and MQ4 try to download codebase_en.zip from Singapore when it starts?

The content is from hosting site 8toinfinity.com.sg and not from something like MT4.com.

223.25.234.19 GET /files/mt4/codebase_en.zip
223-25-234-19.revdns.8toinfinity.com.sg

It also gets check from

content.mql5cdn.com
   a4-51.so.clients.cdn13.com
Can we disable those activities? I want it only accesses to broker's server not any other places.
4evermaat 2015.06.19 03:58 #

dolemi:

Does anyone has any idea why MT4 and MQ4 try to download codebase_en.zip from Singapore when it starts?

The content is from hosting site 8toinfinity.com.sg and not from something like MT4.com.

It also gets check from

Can we disable those activities? I want it only accesses to broker's server not any other places.
Interesting.  You'd have to block it at the firewall level.  I wish MQ gave us the ability to disable codebase and other functions if the user does not want to use it.
dolemi 2015.06.19 12:44 #

4evermaat:
Interesting.  You'd have to block it at the firewall level.  I wish MQ gave us the ability to disable codebase and other functions if the user does not want to use it.
codebase_en.zip seems have very small sizes and has accessed twice. It may just a name of something, which may not relates to codebase. To disable the access of IP may stop MT4 crush XP.
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register