Tester doesn't support multicurrency? :S

Hi All,

Just read it on the forum that the tester doesn't support mutli currency trading (I am assuming EAs can do). Is there a workaround way? perhaps a little nudge in that direction. Or is there a way i could export variables to excel. That way i would myself do some manual testing?

Cheers!! 

The backtester in MT4 is restricted to the chart currency you test on only. There is no workaround unless you use third party software.

If you wish to se excel, you can easily create an indicator which will export values to a csv file. 

Don't code a multi currency EA. You can't use any predefined variables, and must poll in case other pairs get ticks and can't use the tester..

Code it to trade one currency, (look at others if you must), then put it on multiple charts. done.

WHRoeder:

Don't code a multi currency EA. You can't use any predefined variables, and must poll in case other pairs get ticks and can't use the tester..

Code it to trade one currency, (look at others if you must), then put it on multiple charts. done.

Hey thanks. I am doing the backtesting in MATLAB and will use export some data from MQL to compare results. I just wanted to clarify if the below would work? Not while backtesting but live trading. Does the multicurrency deficiency also extend to live EAs? :shocked:

OrderSend("USDJPY",OP_SELL,vol,Ask,30,NULL,NULL,NULL,magic,0,clrRed);
  OrderSend("EURUSD",OP_BUY,vol,Bid,30,NULL,NULL,NULL,magic,0,clrRed);

cryptex: I just wanted to clarify if the below would work?
  OrderSend("USDJPY",OP_SELL,vol,Ask,30,NULL,NULL,NULL,magic,0,clrRed);
  OrderSend("EURUSD",OP_BUY,vol,Bid,30,NULL,NULL,NULL,magic,0,clrRed);
  1. You can not use any predefined variables because they only are valid on the current pair.
  2. TP and SL are not strings, you can not use NULL there.
  3. Your code breaks on 4 digit brokers. Problems with a calculation - MQL4 forum

WHRoeder:
  1. You can not use any predefined variables because they only are valid on the current pair.
  2. TP and SL are not strings, you can not use NULL there.
  3. Your code breaks on 4 digit brokers. Problems with a calculation - MQL4 forum

Thanks again. I haven't had much experience in MQL or Object Orient programming. I can use the Marketinfo function right? that should take of the problem? Will leaving 0 as TP and SL mean no SL or TP? Also does the list include iClose()? I dont see it in the list. Period_M30 i am guessing also goes out of the window :(

Reason: