New MetaTrader 4 Build 840: Improvements and Fixes

Back to topics list  | 1 2 3 4 5 To post a new topic, please log in or register
alexvd 2015.09.15 08:42 #

walshman50:
1. Have you tried to recompile the indicator or you have the ex4 file only?  >>>>> I did compile with no change.

2. The indicator works well if you don't change any inputs? >>>>> Yes works if don't change anything.

3. Do you receive any error on the Journal tab or the Experts tab? >>>>> No error
In this case we have to view the source to find the error.
walshman50 2015.09.15 18:11 #

alexvd:
In this case we have to view the source to find the error.
The issue is with all my custom indicators. 
4evermaat 2015.09.16 02:33 #

1. Terminal: Increased the maximum size of custom tooltips forgraphical objects to 128 symbols. The tooltips are set using theOBJPROP_TOOLTIP property.

So does Text Labels and other objects still have a 63 character limit?  Why would tooltip have 128 symbols if other objects are limited?

4evermaat 2015.09.17 05:16 #

also, string inputs are still not logged in the experts (journal) log of a backtest.  At the beginning of any backtest, all of the parameters/inputs are documented.  But any input that is a string is not documented at all.  why is this?

I reported this way back when:  https://forum.mql4.com/61809  b840 this bug still occurs to some degree.

But at least when you generate the backtest report, the string inputs are included in the parameters section.

zirkoner 2015.09.17 10:25 #

4evermaat:

also, string inputs are still not logged in the experts (journal) log of a backtest.  At the beginning of any backtest, all of the parameters/inputs are documented.  But any input that is a string is not documented at all.  why is this?

I reported this way back when:  https://forum.mql4.com/61809  b840 this bug still occurs to some degree.

But at least when you generate the backtest report, the string inputs are included in the parameters section.

Did you report it the ServiceDesk ?
4evermaat 2015.10.05 08:19 #

zirkoner:
Did you report it the ServiceDesk ?
yes, almost always.  Wouldn't a public bug tracker been much more efficient?
Ovo 2015.10.05 14:15 #

4evermaat:
yes, almost always.  Wouldn't a public bug tracker been much more efficient? 

A public tracker for a non-public commercial tool (though this particular component is free) is not a good idea, but proper and detailed release notes with known bugs list would be quite helpful. 

amit_rwd 2015.10.06 11:53 #

metaquotes what are you guys doing with the mt4 and xp crashes ?  why there is no solution to this mess ? i think its time to dump mt4 and go to systems which have professional customer support.
ANDII 2015.10.31 20:43 #

After latest update the digits and letters fonts on the graphs have became larger at the high screen resolutions 2880.

Thank you, development team!

Now I have less strain on my eyes. 

But, please, make them even bigger especially price labels at the right side of the screen!

Many thanks!

Price labels 

sd59 2015.11.18 09:10 #

tim.cassidy:

Not to add a greater harp to problems with 840, I've been a great deal away from my desk and returning see many changes - Excellent and odd few missed.  The greater use of MQL5 functions and abilities from MQ5 into MQL4/MT4 Terminal - few things like Saving Templates with attached EAs work.

Saving this custom TPL with an EA Attached and having to re-write my Profile Build script with ChartOpen/ChartApplyTemplate - appears this will not allow an EA to build out since ChartApplyTemplate no longer allows an EA to Trade.  Even if at an EA setting to "Allow DLL" and Live Trading - using these 2 nice ChartOpen cmds fails to function as it did prior 840.

MetaEditor on MT4 platform defaults to all MQ5 functions - there is no setting to default to MQ4 code from Editor settings.  Open editor you can retain all MQ4 code - not having to reselect

the code type from MQ5 all the time. Saving on the fly and mindset condition accidents will save code into the MQ5 MQL5 Tree.

If you do start to Code and Condition your code to MQ5 format - in MT4 there is no way to see/use from the Navigator!  these .mq5 compiled code items for use directly from MT4 terminal.

Re_ MetaEditor MT4 Window commands do not work as they did.  I use much only opening and tabulating a few code writes and in some I use the Window/Tile Vertically

Setting as to view code set "Side By Side" . makes for easier updating etc.   Function Opens but if you click at all into the Right Window it window explodes into full view.  Therefore

negating your view and code write (previous would allow you to edit in the right window and or sw to the Left window and still write. Click Left Window it still allows to write leaving rht win ox but if you click at all into rht win click ...### ) Currently as mention it explodes to full view and kinda negates the use of this code writing function.

Also noticed in both code Set Help functions - many of MT4 code descriptions are direct copy of MQ5 help - not a problem since yes you all are werkin yeButts off to get sync with both

codesets I agree that must be a brainBust.  But in diligent reading on ChartApplyTemplate and its helpful examples - there are an addition of Right ")" brackets in the code examples.  The information reference also refers to were Templates are Stored..  Help is saying Templates are Stored in "  ~\ terminal_directory\Profiles\Templates\. " Where on my MT4 and since starting 4x with MT4 platform - Templates have always been in ~\Terminal_Directory\Templates  and Profiles have always been in ~\Terminal_Directory\Profiles.

Not in a subdirectory contained deep inside ~\Terminal_Directory\Profiles\xyz directory -  no ever have I seen Templates found in just ~\Terminal_Directory ?? Confusing again. !

Last:  examples do not compile to test and educate learn - ie: ChartApplyTemplate  "ChartApplyTemplate(0,"\\first_template.tpl")) ,, if(ChartApplyTemplate(0,"\\Files\\my_template.tpl"))
pulled direct off help!! .    indicates  some operator expected - if this is an example to learn from it becomes tad confusing for learning - my mind does not computate the authors mindset in writing this example - I look and or hack out other possibilities and or dig into the great amount of public code examples to where I am learning a great deal from more advance programmers.  To also which a graciously thank yeAll for. This is a wonderful community just a few rusty tiddys.

Yes this is very annoying much like this editor which does not allow me to 'jump' out of your original comment space!!!! 

Back to topics list   | 1 2 3 4 5  

To add comments, please log in or register