freezing - page 2

A) link corrected. B) defrag your disk. C) Change the generator to send less frequent messages

Update-

So yesterday i installed a solid state hard drive and my problem disapeared.  Everything runs MUCH smoother.  No more freezing.  The funny thing was it was not even the entire MT4 that would freeze - only the candles/price movement.  Everything boots up super fast.  If anyone is interested I purchased the: Crucial MX200 250 GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal  SSD from the crucial website (about $102).  It comes with a software (acronis) to clone your current HD. If you do not have 2 bays, then you can clone it externaly with a usb cable from Crucial or if you have another device (I used a thermaltake Blacx ) I did not need a larger HD as this computer is used only for trading but it comes in larger sizes. There are many setttings in the acronis software. I went to "tools and utilities" then chose "clone disk".  Then you pick the source and destination disks and continue and that's it!  No problem with windows being recognized.  Hope this all helps someone.  Thanks for your time.

Once again, WHRoeder figures that everything explained by them is just automatically 100% and the person reading it is an idiot if they do not get it.  Not everyone knows every little detail about MT4, trading, or how things work automatically from the get-go.  That is why they come here, to ask questions, and to learn, well, that and get belittled by certain forum users.  WH, if you had bothered to actually read their post instead of just presuming you knew everything about what their problem was, which MIGHT include not being a programming issue, you would have figured out that offering "Fix indicators that recalculate all bars per tick instead of using IndicatorCounted()" as a solution might not be the best solution to offer first.

JD4:
Once again, WHRoeder figures that everything explained by them is just automatically 100% and the person reading it is an idiot if they do not get it.  Not everyone knows every little detail about MT4, trading, or how things work automatically from the get-go.  That is why they come here, to ask questions, and to learn, well, that and get belittled by certain forum users.  WH, if you had bothered to actually read their post instead of just presuming you knew everything about what their problem was, which MIGHT include not being a programming issue, you would have figured out that offering "Fix indicators that recalculate all bars per tick instead of using IndicatorCounted()" as a solution might not be the best solution to offer first.

Please stop arguing against WHRoeder and just try to post better answer if you can.

angevoyageur:

Please stop arguing against WHRoeder and just try to post better answer if you can.

Sorry, that is usually my best intent, but being called a troll on another thread for posting what most would consider useful information kind of rubs me the wrong way.  I will consider this matter done, and get back to trying to be helpful from the start.
Reason: