Matching past GMT with Server time

Hello!

I created a news database in excel with all the news listed in FF Calendar since 2007.

I need it becouse I need an EA to access date and time of the news, to study the past reaction of prices to some news.

The problem is matching times: I buit my database in GMT, sounded like the best option to avoid problem with daylight sveings and all that stuff.

Of course my MT4 terminal will work with server time, has anyone an idea of how to convert server time in corresponing GMT in order to fine the right bar on when news occurred?

I've been scratchng my head for few days, but can't really think about a nice solution.

Thanks a lot!! :) :)

Request the news times in GMT and as well use GMT for your backtest data.

Manuel.Vene:

Hello!

I created a news database in excel with all the news listed in FF Calendar since 2007.

I need it becouse I need an EA to access date and time of the news, to study the past reaction of prices to some news.

The problem is matching times: I buit my database in GMT, sounded like the best option to avoid problem with daylight sveings and all that stuff.

Of course my MT4 terminal will work with server time, has anyone an idea of how to convert server time in corresponing GMT in order to fine the right bar on when news occurred?

I've been scratchng my head for few days, but can't really think about a nice solution.

Thanks a lot!! :) :)

What have you tried ?

Manuel.Vene: has anyone an idea of how to convert server time in corresponing GMT i
You have to write code for your broker's TZ like my IsNYonDST

gooly:
Request the news times in GMT and as well use GMT for your backtest data.
Can the platform be forced to work with GMT or does it do so automatically in cases like this, and just shows local server time to the user?
Reason: