Multiple MT4 instances on one VPS?

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
ozzymandius 2015.04.28 06:56

I am new to MT4 (but not trading). I just signed up with 3 different brokers for FOREX trading, all of whouse MT4.

I am hoping someone can help me with these rudimentary questions:

1. Can I run three different broker accounts using three instances of MT4 all from the same VPS? Or should I get 3 separate VPS and install one MT4 on each?
  2. Do I have to download MT4 from each broker site? Or can I just download from Metadrader4.com and enter broker account info?
  3. What is the recommended VPS specs (RAM, CPU, HD) to run MT4 smoothly, assuming I will be scalping with dozens of orders every few minutes? 
  4. What is the best recommended VPS provider? (My brokers are myFXChoice.com, Tallinex.com, TradersWay.com)

Any input much appreciated! 

WHRoeder 2015.04.28 15:23 #

1. Why not
  2. You should. Each broker download initializes broker specific data.
  3. Anything that runs
  4. Do your own research.
ozzymandius 2015.04.28 21:41 #

Thanks for the feedback.

1.  I was concerned that running multiple MT4s on one PC might lead to them interfering with each other somehow. Been testing multiple instances now for a few hours and I don't see any issues so far. 

2. Thanks. That is helpful. I will download MT4 from each broker

3. Obviously. But the question was about *recommended specs*, given my intended trading frequency. Question still stands for any experienced traders who are willing to chime in. 

4. Yes, I am already doing my own research to search for VPS services. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask experienced traders for their best recommendations, so I don't waste time and money with sub par services. So the question still stands, should anyone wish to suggest the best VPS services

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register