Has anyone had this happen to them?

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
Yellowbeard 2015.03.10 14:31
  Yesterday morning, I was working on a EA, when all of a sudden, the trade that was opened, had a TP, when one wasn't entered.  I thought that maybe I had accidently entered one when I was working on the EA.  So I deleted it.  Later, in the afternoon,  I was working on a modified version of the EA I had been working on, in the morning,  I had renamed it, so that I can go back to the earlier version if the later version doesn't work out.  The EA had opened a buy order and a short time after, I noticed a sell limit order was placed at a price above my buy order and with a lot size 5 times the size of the lot size of the buy.  What struck me, was the lot size of the limit order was the lot size, of the earlier EA, that I was working on.  I went to Metatraders log folder and found that at each incident, connection was lost, ( though I didn't notice. ) a ping came to my computer from external source and then the event occured.  First modifying my first order then same events in the afternoon when the limit order was opened.  I opened the Log file in the MQL folder and there was no record of either events.  After checking out the log files, I tried to shut down Metatrader and had a difficult time.  When I shut my computer down, it wouldn't shut down until background programs that were runing were forced to shut down.  It seemed as though someone else was in my computer.  I am using a demo account, to work on the EA, that I set up directly through Metatrader's site, years ago.   I've noticed that the demoserver is through a broker that I have a live account with, now.  Just wanted to know if anyone has had situations like this happen to them before.    
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register