How to test a market indicator in MT4?

I have noticed recently that the indicators (of MT4 in the market) can be demo tested in the strategy tester. I downloaded the latest MT4 (build 765) from metatrader4.com. However, I do not see any change in the strategy tester similar to what MT5 lets users to test the indicators. Does anybody know how we can test the demo downloaded indicators from the market?

For mt4 (I don't know mt5!) you have to have an EA running in the strategy-tester. In visual mode you can apply an indicator.

gooly:
For mt4 (I don't know mt5!) you have to have an EA running in the strategy-tester. In visual mode you can apply an indicator.
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that!

Rasoul:
I have noticed recently that the indicators (of MT4 in the market) can be demo tested in the strategy tester. I downloaded the latest MT4 (build 765) from metatrader4.com. However, I do not see any change in the strategy tester similar to what MT5 lets users to test the indicators. Does anybody know how we can test the demo downloaded indicators from the market?
On the top left corner of the Strategy Tester you can select between Expert Advisor and Indicator.

angevoyageur:
On the top left corner of the Strategy Tester you can select between Expert Advisor and Indicator.
I don't see that (build 765)

GumRai:
I don't see that (build 765)

Look at the MT5 ST . . . then you will see it.

You can't always test an Indicator in the MT4 ST reliably . . . how do you do it ?  start the EA you want to test,  pause it,  add your Indicator to the chart.

Also have a read of this to see why testing Indicators in the ST can be problematic:  https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149732  and specifically this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/143310/page2#753353 

There must be a newer version than 765 that supports indicator testing in the strategy tester.

Rasoul:
There must be a newer version than 765 that supports indicator testing in the strategy tester.
Why must there be ?

Rasoul:

indicator testing against what?

I once programmed a crystal-ball-indicator. It absolutely fabulous -  but not in an EA :(

RaptorUK:
Why must there be ?
Because the same way we can test demo versions of MT5 indicators in the strategy tester of MT5, there must be a similar way for demo versions of MT4 indicators in the market. In build 765, there is no such option, hence I believe that there must be a newer version of MT4, just don't know where to find/download the latest version....

gooly:

indicator testing against what?

I once programmed a crystal-ball-indicator. It absolutely fabulous -  but not in an EA :(

Indeed, I am interested in testing the demo versions of MT4 indicators in the market, the same way we can do for the demo versions of the MT5 indicators in the market....
Reason: