It's broker depending! One calls it Ger30 (Xetra trading times). Another .DE30CashXE (Xetra) and .DE30Cash (24h).
(It's worse than in a kindergarden)
so, that takes me back to my earlier post and that i require broker specific dax 24hr data. My preference would be IG index as that's the broker i use. Obviously it makes sense to test the data of the broker you intend to trade live going forward. So with that said if anybody knows where i could get 24hr Dax data from any provider/broker please point me in the right direction. kind thanks. Charlie
pls apologies my additional question
i am a member at the broker jfd
for an example the called the the dax DE30cash
pls would you be so kind to tell me how can i download data for that index e.g for the last 2 years
is it possible directly from the mt4 to export in an .csv file ?
or from where can i get these data in a granularity of minutes or sec or at best in ticks
my email adress is: firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP !!
I haven't tried it yet, but
1) I would dld the dax-tickdata and create the tickdata-csvfile (Tickdada Downloader).
2) Then I would create the fxt-file with Birt's script - I have heard that may be the quotes have to be adjusted by a multiplier (may be 100 or 1000 or ..) it seem to be their failure so they might correct it sometime!
3) Now I would rename the fxt (and hst-files) so that they have names acc. to jfd name.
4) Don't forget to make the fxt-files write-protect - otherwise they will be overwritten.
5) If you create write-protect hst-files be carefull if you use the chart they will NOT be correct!
To add comments, please log in or register