the source of mtf-data for backtests..

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
gooly 2015.02.03 11:13

Hi,

My problem/question if I have created the fxt-files my self (tick-data of Ducaskopy, GMT) I want to be sure that they are not mixed with the prices (and the broker-timeshift) of the broker I am logged in!

If I test an EA in the mt4-strategy-tester I can get the quotes: Bid, Ask, High[0], iHigh(NULL,0,0), ..

I think these data are taken from the fxt-file in the tester-history-folder of the chosen Symbol and Timeframe.

But if I use additionally other time-frames (e.g. H1,H4,D1 with only op,hi,lo,cl of the bars) are the prices

a) taken from a (created if not existing) fxt-file of this different timeframes in the tester-history-folder or

b) directly taken from the equivalent hst-file of the terminal-folder\history\Broker\EURUSD1440.hst?

Thanks in advance,

Gooly

Ovo 2015.02.03 12:14 #

I would generate other timeframes on-the-fly from the fxt in use. No need to save them into an hst, keeping a few candles in memory should suffice for the purpose. The implementation does not seem to be a  piece of cake, so I would not bother until I really needed it.

gooly 2015.02.03 13:16 #

Ovo:

I would generate other timeframes on-the-fly from the fxt in use. No need to save them into an hst, keeping a few candles in memory should suffice for the purpose. The implementation does not seem to be a  piece of cake, so I would not bother until I really needed it.

hmm - If I generate and store the hst-files the same time the fxt files are generated the current charts will be mixed up and will become invalid :(
Ovo 2015.02.03 13:56 #

gooly:
hmm - If I generate and store the hst-files the same time the fxt files are generated the current charts will be mixed up and will become invalid :(
Oh, you are asking where the data is read from, rather than how to construct it. Apologies, I missed it. Actually I have no idea, nevertheless the last candle is evolving, so it should not be the hst file from the life feed.
Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register