Add to chart bars

Most, if not all, MT4 brokers close down their servers early on Fridays and start up late on Sundays.  His means 4 one-hour bars are missing from the data.

What I want to do is have a script that I can apply at the end of Friday that will add 4 dummy one-hour bars to the chart.

My knowledge of MQL4 is fairly basic.  Is there anyone that could help me write a script for this?

Regards,

Keith.

KeithN:

Most, if not all, MT4 brokers close down their servers early on Fridays and start up late on Sundays.  His means 4 one-hour bars are missing from the data.

What I want to do is have a script that I can apply at the end of Friday that will add 4 dummy one-hour bars to the chart.

My knowledge of MQL4 is fairly basic.  Is there anyone that could help me write a script for this?

1. That is when the FX market closes 4pm Fri ET - Sun 6PM ET.
  2. Why just four? Why not 54 over the week end? Why not extra bars on Sunday. What if the server uses UTC+2 (no Sunday?) What if the server uses UTC-10 (market closes several hours into Saturday?) Why at all - are you going to add more during market holidays (E.g. Xmas and new years?) Why bother?
  3. You can only do it with an offline chart, see "Free-of-Holes" Charts - MQL4 Articles
Reason: