Where does history center store its files?

Where does History Center store its records?

I tried deleting some files in the history folder say USDCHF1440.hst, close and reopen MT4 but the history center still has the records in it.

What I am trying to accomplish is to write a script that I intend to run at the start of the week that will delete the prior week's price data (so that it is free from pricing errors). So, in order to do that, I thought the first thing I need to do is figure out where the data in the History Center is stored. Please advise.

Free from pricing errors? History never changes.

Well, in the case of my broker, if there is a pricing error, there will only correct it over the weekend. So, at the start of the following week, I will need to delete the older data so that MT4 can download the correct prices.

The broker must be stop hunting.

Really? I don't think so, because if there were a price spike and it was due to an error, they will actually refund your loss/take back your profit.

annur: Well, in the case of my broker, if there is a pricing error, there will only correct it over the weekend. So, at the start of the following week, I will need to delete the older data so that MT4 can download the correct prices.
No you don't. Just right click -> refresh and you are done.

WHRoeder,

Okay. I will try your method (Right click the chart -> Click Refresh) first and let you know how it goes. For what it's worth, the method I proposed was what my broker's customer support told me to do.

By the way, how did you quote my previous post? I could not find a "Quote" button in the comment interface... 

annur: how did you quote my previous post?
Press the reply button
and you get:
annur:

WHRoeder,

Okay. I will try your method (Right click the chart -> Click Refresh) first and let you know how it goes. For what it's worth, the method I proposed was what my broker's customer support told me to do.

By the way, how did you quote my previous post? I could not find a "Quote" button in the comment interface... 

Edit from there

WHRoeder:
Press the reply button
and you get:
annur:

WHRoeder,

Edit from there
Thanks!
Reason: