How to tell a lot size is too big for live trading?

Every broker has maximum limit on the lot size of a symbol.

However, the live trade can't be  proceeded if the lot size is too big.

Which below will happen if the lot size is too big according to your real experience? 

1. the live trade can be proceeded only if the lot size is less than the maximum limit of the broker.

2. the live trade can be proceeded  partly based on the live volume if the lot size is too big.

3. the live trade can't be proceeded if the lot size is too big.

Besides, how to tell a lot size is too big to proceed?

Thank you. 

jollydragon:

Every broker has maximum limit on the lot size of a symbol.

However, the live trade can't be  proceeded if the lot size is too big.

Which below will happen if the lot size is too big according to your real experience? 

1. the live trade can be proceeded only if the lot size is less than the maximum limit of the broker.

2. the live trade can be proceeded  partly based on the live volume if the lot size is too big.

3. the live trade can't be proceeded if the lot size is too big.

4. Besides, how to tell a lot size is too big to proceed?

Thank you. 

1. correct

2. depends on the broker but I guess NO

3. I guess correct - but may be broker depending

4. start from reading the reference MarketInfo().

jollydragon: how to tell a lot size is too big to proceed
  1. You place the stop where it needs to be - where the reason for the trade is no longer valid. E.g. trading a support bounce the stop goes below the support.
  2. Account Balance * percent = RISK = (OrderOpenPrice - OrderStopLoss)*DIR * OrderLots * DeltaPerlot (Note OOP-OSL includes the SPREAD)
  3. Do NOT use TickValue by itself - DeltaPerlot
  4. You must normalize lots properly and check against min and max.
  5. You must also check FreeMargin to avoid stop out
  6. Maximum Lot Size EA - Help! - MQL4 forum

Dears,

Sorry to tell what you answered aren't what I asked.

Let me try to ask this way:

When the lot size is too big, the live trade can not be proceeded because there is no sufficient real volume at the price that I set within a slippage(e.g. within the latest live spread). Correct?

And the lot size maybe hasn't reached the maximum lot size limit of a broker or market. Then according to what can I define a reasonable maximum lot size limit in my codes so that my live trades can be proceeded?

Thanks 

jollydragon:

Sorry to tell what you answered aren't what I asked.

no sufficient real volume at the price that I set within a slippage(e.g. within the latest live spread).
  1. I'm sorry to tell you it's exactly what you asked. Just not what you meant.
  2. Do you really think that your maximum 5 lots (MODE_MAXLOT) or free margin is a blip on a brokers radar. They buy many thousands of lots at a time from the interbanks. In addition, most brokers are now ECNs therefor slippage parameter isn't used - you will get filled just not at your wanted price.

WHRoeder In addition, most brokers are now ECNs therefor slippage parameter isn't used - you will get filled just not at your wanted price.

Dir sir, what you mean by that? Then how should I control the slippage or trading price by my codes?  

What price does the code get to trade lively? How to define slippage reasonably? 

By the way, there's no slippage in OrderModify().

How to control the slippage for takeprofit and stoploss? 

jollydragon: Dir sir, what you mean by that? Then how should I control the slippage or trading price by my codes?
jollydragon:

By the way, there's no slippage in OrderModify().

How to control the slippage for takeprofit and stoploss? 

1. Answer: you don't. How to avoid the bad slippage? - MQL4 forum
  2. TP/SL become market orders when triggered. You use them because you want to be taken out. Would you want your SL to be ignored?
Reason: