MT4 in LINUX... ROCKS!!! Need help with 2 small glitches though... - page 2

Hi I have kubuntu feisty and I would like to install and test MT4. I have never installed windows applications using Wine. I understand trapix22 has a how-to. Could you or anyone else help me on this matter? Many thanks to all

prvt:
Hi I have kubuntu feisty and I would like to install and test MT4. I have never installed windows applications using Wine. I understand trapix22 has a how-to. Could you or anyone else help me on this matter? Many thanks to all
Here is a .txt file with instructions on installing MT4 on a Linux system. I use Debian, but it works fine on other distros as well. If this doesn't work properly, you're probably missing something in your distro install (like a "lib" file)
Files:

trapix22:
Ummmm... Did I mention that LINUX ROCKS!!!...

I have MT4 working perfectly in LINUX now. (Thank you FIREFLIES that solved the arrows... now I'm trying to create my own symbols)

All indicators work, EAs work, MetaEditor is perfect (I've written numerous scripts for other linux users and no one has had a single problem), etc... so...

If anyone is still having trouble... post here.

I've tried following:

Pendrivelinux
DSL (DamnSmallLinux)
Knoppix
Debian (Sarge)
Debian (Etch)
(K) and Ubuntu (Edgy - 6.10)
(K) and Ubuntu (Feisty - 7.04)

ALL of them work perfectly... It's not the distro (at least not for me)... It's the "Wine" and "Winetools" install that makes the difference. (I have step-by-step if anyone needs it)

Could you tell me about installing mt4 into linux step by step, I really need your help, thanks.

Hello,

I am new in trading, new in programming but ready to learn... ;-)

I use Ubuntu 8.04 - Hardy (LTS).

No problem to install MT4 and have it work.

The problem is that I cannot modify settings of EAs (F7).

A friend for mine gave me his EA for testing but I cannot change the settings, when I click on the parameters, it would not edit them.

Could you please help me to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Reason: