.ex4 problems.

Gday. I created an .ex4 file through IronFX EA builder. After generating the code in the program outputted as .ex4, it says I should place it in /expert and it shall pop up on my EA tab in navigator. Though its no where to be found... How do I solve this prob? Thx.

mank: . I created an .ex4 file through IronFX EA builder.  it says I should place it in /expert
    1. We hate EA builder
    2. You couldn't be bothered to learn mql4, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    3. There are only two choices: learn to code it, or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds lines of code.
    4. EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    5. EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time
    6. EA builder makes bad code Not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers
    7. EA builder makes bad code not adjusting for ECN brokers.
    8. EA builder makes bad code not checking return codes.
  1. Data Structure in MetaTrader 4 Build 600 and Higher - MQL4 Articles 17.02.2014

I believe you're right.. Its so frustrating to learn how to code tho. I gave it a go... I guess if I really want it bad enough I'll have to learn it. Thanks anyhow sir! always good to be reminded the reality of writing EA's.

mank:
I believe you're right.. Its so frustrating to learn how to code tho. I gave it a go... I guess if I really want it bad enough I'll have to learn it. Thanks anyhow sir! always good to be reminded the reality of writing EA's.

To learn mt4-coding keep open:

1) the Table of Content of the Book!

2) the reference of the editor and

3) look for a working code of others (e.g. the 2 mt4 EA samples in your expert folder: MACD Sample.mq4 and Moving Average.mq4 or here!!) and change them acc. to your ideas

4) before asking either google ("mt4 indicator...") or search here in the forum - many things already has been answered!!

5) use the source button if you post the code :)

Coding is not for everyone. This EA builder is modified version of Molanis, but you should ask IronFX for support.

Anyway, I can probably help with some information. First, look at how old is this version of this EA builder. In February MetaQuotes did major update to MetaTrader 4 with many changes in it, this was build 600.

One of the changes is the location of the experts. Now it's not "/experts" anymore, now experts are located under "MQL4/Experts".

Another change is that now the compiler is included into metaeditor.exe. It was a separate file before, called "mql.exe". Somewhere in the forum you can find links to this file (it's present version) in case you want to download and use it. I mean... if the EA builder needs it. It's just not included into the compiler anymore. Otherwise this file must be supplied by the EA builder itself.

There are also changes in the code, there are many new functions so now MQL4 looks like MQL5, but the old functions still exists, so this should not be problem. 

It your EA builder is not aware of these important changes, it will not work for any MetaTrader 4 that is newer that build 600.

Reason: