list of prototypes of a ex4 file

Hi,

I bought a indicator, I sent 3 mails to the support department asking for the prototypes, I received always excuses till I answered them on their statement that only programmer can create an Expert Adviser, that I am a programmer and I would like to have the prototypes for my indicator, since then I get no more response.

So now my questions is there anything like the depends.exe in Windows for a ex4 file, or can I decompile it somehow to identify the prototypes of the exported functions, is there a possibility to insert hooks in a ex4 file(if I can not decompile it) to call an external function, like create an alert, inside the Expert Adviser on an condition inside the indicator?

Thank you in advance.

Martin

mm3368:

So now my questions is there anything like the depends.exe in Windows for a ex4 file, or can I decompile it somehow to identify the prototypes of the exported functions, is there a possibility to insert hooks in a ex4 file(if I can not decompile it) to call an external function, like create an alert, inside the Expert Adviser on an condition inside the indicator?

An indicator is not a code library in a sense comparable to a DLL. The only external interface which an indicator provides is via the iCustom() function in MQL4. In other words: you can't call functions inside the indicator; you can programmatically read its output (i.e. the values which are displayed for it in MT4's Data window).
Reason: