Expert with offline chart

Hello @all,

im looking to use a renko chart and want to run an expert on this chart.

as far i understood, renko is running on an offline chart, this chart will be updated with every tick by the periode converter function with a normal 1M chart..

so now i want to use an EA on this chart, my questions are

is it possible to run an EA on a offline chart?

if yes:

is there a possibillity to use the Renko chart as the normal one, means High[x], Low, Open, Close is working as in a normal way?

regards

Amando 

When the Renko offline chart is properly coded, you may use arrays High. Low, Volume, Time  etc. in the same manner as for ordinary timeframes.

If you intend to read values from another chart with iHigh, iTime, iVolume etc, then it works only till the targeted offline chart stays open.

i use the Renko Live chart V3.2 from here

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9358

i tried to test it with

int start()
  {

Comment("Owner : ", AccountName(),"Account number : ", AccountNumber() ,
               "\nHigh      : ", High[1],
               "\nLow       : ", Low[1],
               "\nOpen      : ", Open[1],
               "\nClose     : ", Close[1],
               "\nSpread    : ", MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_SPREAD));

return(0);
   }

which should be refresh every tick but i didnt get something out.

The Renko for itself runs well, i have a 1m timeframe with a Periode Converter and run on this chart the RenkoLiveChart 

amando:

i use the Renko Live chart V3.2 from here

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9358

i tried to test it with

which should be refresh every tick but i didnt get something out.

The Renko for itself runs well, i have a 1m timeframe with a Periode Converter and run on this chart the RenkoLiveChart 

It appears that there is a problem now with using an EA on an offline chart. 

Open a chart using the provided script: PeriodConvertor, and attached any working EA, and you will see nothing happens - no trades opened.

I have a Renko based on PeriodConvertor and it although it still produces the offline chart, an EA that traded on it, no longer works, yet it did up to version 711 (the last one I had before a recent update to 745). 

davidb_012:

It appears that there is a problem now with using an EA on an offline chart. 

Open a chart using the provided script: PeriodConvertor, and attached any working EA, and you will see nothing happens - no trades opened.

I have a Renko based on PeriodConvertor and it although it still produces the offline chart, an EA that traded on it, no longer works, yet it did up to version 711 (the last one I had before a recent update to 745). 

I think I spoke too soon.

There are still problems trading an EA on an offline chart. Close down the terminal and reopen, even opening the same profile and everything is messed up. The offline chart has disappeared and the EA is found to be running on an H1 chart.

I don't suggest you try and run an EA on an offline chart till this is fixed. 

I'm reverting to build 711, as I know offline charts work properly there. 

Hi guys, 

do you know if now is possible to access Renko Live(or Offline) Chart with an EA?

I'd like to access on Renko's last bar through my EA ang get the last bar direction(if is up or down).

I'm using RenkoLiveCharts_pimped_v4_13 

Thanks 

blendi07:

Hi guys, 

do you know if now is possible to access Renko Live(or Offline) Chart with an EA?

I'd like to access on Renko's last bar through my EA ang get the last bar direction(if is up or down).

I'm using RenkoLiveCharts_pimped_v4_13 

Thanks 

You should have read the second post on this page.

Ovo:
You should have read the second post on this page.

Yes, i've tried that code but i wasn't sure if it was correct for mine. So now is correct Ovo?

if(Close[1]>Open[1])
    //last bar should be Up
if(Close[1]<Open[1])
    //last bar sholud be Down

blendi07:

Yes, i've tried that code but i wasn't sure if it was correct for mine. So now is correct Ovo?

I never tried the Renko Live chart, but
DeepThought:

When the Renko offline chart is properly coded, you may use arrays High. Low, Volume, Time  etc. in the same manner as for ordinary timeframes.

If you intend to read values from another chart with iHigh, iTime, iVolume etc, then it works only till the targeted offline chart stays open.

When i Print(Open[1], Close[1]) on Strategy Tester it seems to print M1 value chart, not the Renko Chart values. I'm not sure if I'm acting in right mode.

In my EA i call Print function in every tick 

blendi07:

When i Print(Open[1], Close[1]) on Strategy Tester it seems to print M1 value chart, not the Renko Chart values. I'm not sure if I'm acting in right mode.

In my EA i call Print function in every tick 

I really do not want to discuss the Strategy tester in this thread, the Strategy tester has different rules and limits.
Reason: