modify orders without ticks

Hello,

Is there a way how to make an EA modify orders even if there is no tick sent by the broker?

Thank you & Best Regards

fib 

f1b0lut10n: Is there a way how to make an EA modify orders even if there is no tick sent by the broker?
  1. Yes, research not returning from start, and IsStopped
  2. Why? What would you do now that you wouldn't have done at the last price change?

Hello WHRoeder,

thank you for the reply.

Not sure if I understand you right or if my question has been misleading.

Basicly I have an EA that automatically adjust pending orders shortly before preset times (market opens, news ect)

Given that this is usally done seconds before it to avoid unnecessary market exposure, there is not always a tick in the seconds before to do so. Therefore I am looking for a tool or command in mql to force the adjustment of the orders. 

Thanks

fib 

f1b0lut10n:

Hello WHRoeder,

thank you for the reply.

Not sure if I understand you right or if my question has been misleading.

Basicly I have an EA that automatically adjust pending orders shortly before preset times (market opens, news ect)

Given that this is usally done seconds before it to avoid unnecessary market exposure, there is not always a tick in the seconds before to do so. Therefore I am looking for a tool or command in mql to force the adjustment of the orders. 

Thanks

fib 

1) I doubt that your broker 'allows' you to send or modify orders if the market is closed 'till the last second - but you can ask your broker!

2) OnTick() (or start()) is called if a new tick arrives but you can use OnTimer() (look it up in the reference) to execute code even though you haven't got a tick.

Reason: