Offline behavior

I have a terminal that has never been connected to an account. The installer was downloaded directly from MetaQuotes, and I skip the account creation screens everytime.  I use the terminal solely for backtesting with pre-downloaded tickdata.

The other day I started getting UAC messages about upgrading, which went through successfully (build 735).

So offline would seem to not mean offline. Considering that this terminal was never associated with a broker (either through install file or through account creation) is this Metaquotes pushing through updates?

I've used this set up for over a year, but this is the first time my 'offline' terminal has ever attempted to update itself.

honest_knave: I have a terminal that has never been connected to an account. The installer was downloaded directly from MetaQuotes, and I skip the account creation screens everytime.  I use the terminal solely for backtesting with pre-downloaded tickdata.

This means all the other data (Point, Digits, StopLevel, LotiSize,Minlot) have not be initialized, so your backtest is totally useless.

You must connect to a broker, and open the chart to get them. Then, disconnect, close the terminal, and download your history.

WHRoeder:

This means all the other data (Point, Digits, StopLevel, LotiSize,Minlot) have not be initialized, so your backtest is totally useless.

You must connect to a broker, and open the chart to get them. Then, disconnect, close the terminal, and download your history.

What I should have said is "never been connected to a real broker". I use Tickstory to download and create a pseudo broker to set all these parameters.

But the question remains: what triggered the update? 

To continue on, the only terminals on this PC that have actually been connected to a broker were all from Alpari.

Alpari installs appear as such:

The offline terminal has been updated as such:

The other day I started getting UAC messages about upgrading, which went through successfully (build 735).

If you answered "No", your terminal was not updated.

Once a terminal is updated, all other terminals will be updated, as the update is saved on your computer. To avoid this you can remove the mt4clw folder in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall.

Thank you for clarifying the update procedure for me. 

Reason: