How can I update charts to multiple computers

I work from a laptop and a desktop with multiple monitors. I enjoy doing my analysis on my laptop while in the living room, patio, etc. What I would like to be able to do is to do my analysis on my laptop and have it update to my desktop as well, so when I sit down to trade at my desk, I already have all of my analysis done on my charts and I don't have to redo it. I have tried remote connection, but that is not working out so well. First it only draws on one platform, it doesn't update both of them. Second when I open my platform which is setup for 4 displays on a single display laptop I have to move charts around to see them, then when I go back to my desktop I end up spending a lot of time rearranging my charts.

I'm sure I'm not the only trader who's come up with this situation. Has anyone found a decent workaround for this. I don't think trade copier would work, since I'm working on the same account, I wouldn't want it to enter multiple orders, and I don't know if it would copy trend lines/fibs etc or only trades.

Thanks everyone for a great forum

Rory

Not an ideal solution because of your multiple monitor set up, but buy a memory stick and run MT4 in portable mode from it?

What about accessing your desktop-pc from your laptop by Windows' RemoteDesktopConnection?

gooly:
What about accessing your desktop-pc from your laptop by Windows' RemoteDesktopConnection?
I have tried remote connection, but that is not working out so well. First it only draws on one platform, it doesn't update both of them. Second when I open my platform which is setup for 4 displays on a single display laptop I have to move charts around to see them, then when I go back to my desktop I end up spending a lot of time rearranging my charts.

Goole for trade copier - some of them might be able to work across networks.

For all your plateforms templates make a one shared folder on network named Analysis-Charts-Folder. Set this folder default template folder in each platform. Now Every platform is accessing the same templates. If you update the template and save it in the folder. Reload this template in other platform.

Easy huh .

May be the WinApi function can read across a network? But I never tried, never checked, ...

Or you start a Powershell-script to copy the files on its pc.

gooly:

May be the WinApi function can read across a network? But I never tried, never checked, ...

Or you start a Powershell-script to copy the files on its pc.

In case of a home network you can use the named pipes. Not easy coding for a noob though.

Reason: