Build 711 DLL error

DLLs work, unless you are trying to use any system function, e.g. time(), fopen()  etc.

Comments? 

Same here, problem :

2014.10.13 09:08:24.399 Cannot load 'G:\Program Files (x86)\MT4\MQL4\Libraries\kernel32.dll' [487]

and then :

2014.10.13 09:08:27.995 Cannot call 'kernel32.dll::GetTimeZoneInformation', 'kernel32.dll' is not loaded

Check in "Expert Advisor" settings tab "Allow Dll import..." is checked.

georget11:

DLLs work, unless you are trying to use any system function, e.g. time(), fopen()  etc.

Comments? 

It can be that theses functions don't work as they are pretty old and still ASCII - maybe they are blocked now(?).

To use Windows functions CreateFileW(..) of "kernel32.dll" this works actually at least in my b670.

For time use the mt4-functions TimeGMT, TimeLocal and TimeCurrent() and TimeDaylightSavings() from that you can get everything you need..

gooly:

It can be that theses functions don't work as they are pretty old and still ASCII - maybe they are blocked now(?).

To use Windows functions CreateFileW(..) of "kernel32.dll" this works actually at least in my b670.

For time use the mt4-functions TimeGMT, TimeLocal and TimeCurrent() and TimeDaylightSavings() from that you can get everything you need..

It's the latest build 711 (September). Probably it blocks calls, because playing outside Sandbox is prohibited. :)

OTOH, I do not really need it. MT4 has everything. And all information it produces (e.g. ticks data) can be accessed in real-time.

Even using lovely Unix pipes!

Cheers! 

angletProject:

Same here, problem :

2014.10.13 09:08:24.399 Cannot load 'G:\Program Files (x86)\MT4\MQL4\Libraries\kernel32.dll' [487]

and then :

2014.10.13 09:08:27.995 Cannot call 'kernel32.dll::GetTimeZoneInformation', 'kernel32.dll' is not loaded

Check in "Expert Advisor" settings tab "Allow Dll import..." is checked.

Sorry, the issue is totally different, MT4 does load DLL, but (supposedly) blocks system calls time(), sprintf() etc.

Cheers. 

georget11:

Sorry, the issue is totally different, MT4 does load DLL, but (supposedly) blocks system calls time(), sprintf() etc.

Cheers. 

OK. For information purpose, I managed to solve my problem by running MT4 using the option "Run as Administrator". Maybe you can try that ....

Reason: