MessageBox or MessageBoxA don't work on windows server 2003

Hi,

Anyone encounter this problem or have a solution for it.
I have been running EAs using MetaTrader 4 running on Windows Server 2003 with no major problem.

However, I have recently added MessageBox or MessageBoxA to my EA.
I realise to my horror that whenever the line of code using any of the MessageBox function is invoke, it will simply close the MetaTrader terminal.
I tried the same EA on a XP machine and the MessageBox work just fine, but the same problem above occurs consistently on both my windows server 2003 machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

zech:
Hi,

I have been running EAs using MetaTrader 4 running on Windows Server 2003 with no major problem.

I realise to my horror that whenever the line of code using any of the MessageBox function is invoke, it will simply close the MetaTrader terminal.
I tried the same EA on a XP machine and the MessageBox work just fine, but the same problem above occurs consistently on both my windows server 2003 machine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem and it's definitely related to the calling of a MessageBox--works on XP but not 2003. I am also interested in the solution and I'll let you know if I discover anything.

zech:
Hi,

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've noticed that the messagebox() function now works on my server 2003 virtual server. Either one of the latest releases has fixed the problem or a patch to Windows Server 2003 has done it, or both

David_M:

I've noticed that the messagebox() function now works on my server 2003 virtual server. Either one of the latest releases has fixed the problem or a patch to Windows Server 2003 has done it, or both

Fixed - See news:

11 September 2007non-existent

New MetaTrader 4 build 210 has been released.

What’s new:
1. Fixed displaying of profits «as Term Currency» for futures.
2. Tester: removed the checkbox «Recalculate». Now the testing sequence is generated each time anew at clicking «Start».
3. Tester: improved the generation algorithm in every tick modeling mode.
4. Tester: improved the change of quotes receiving speed at visual testing.
5. Tester: added counting and displaying errors of lower timeframes mismatch at testing sequences generation.
6. Tester: changed the formulations, describing modeling modes. Added into the tester report notifying messages when using modes of modeling «control points» and «open prices only».
7. Tester: changed the algorithm of formating the final value of an optimized parameter. Now 0 can be indicated as this value.
8. MQL4: fixed MessageBox() function operation in endless cycled scripts.
9. MQL4: fixed memory leakage at the attempt to access a custom indicator from the Expert Advisor.
10. MQL4: fixed error of transforming a constant date, falling on 1970.01.01.
11. MQL4: fixed compiler error in processing the bit operation NOT with constant expression.
12. Replaced the hot key of current profile changing. Instead of F5 now Ctrl+F5 should be used.
13. Improved the formation of a balance chart when displaying the trades history report. Now pending orders are not displayed on the chart.
14. Added the Estonian Language.

Reason: