Old good indicator to fix for Build +600 - page 2

maxxmax:

thank you a lot graziani !

So the solution  is " const double &inputData[] " . To be honest after a long puzzling by myself I guessed the " & " but I never thought to add also "const".  

Sometimes what is "obvious"" for the expert coder is a nightmare for the novice...

. . .

That is because you didn't start at the beginning to understand the basics, even the fundamentals of building functions and passing parameters to those functions.  It appears that you just jumped into the middle of some code (I assume you didn't write the code), and because you didn't bother to understand the basic fundamentals of programming or the syntax, you couldn't understand or grasp the code that you jumped into.

If your car fails to start tomorrow morning, you open the hood to see what's wrong.  Don't you have to have some (or more than) basic understanding of the inner workings of the combustible engine (pistons, rings, spark plugs, electrical components, air flow, etc) to diagnose the reason why your car won't start and then to fix it?  Additionally, don't you have to have the right tools to diagnose and fix the problem?  Most of us, including me, don't know too much about the combustible engine, so we pay a mechanic to diagnose and fix our cars.

Programming is the same.  One just can't simply jump into some code and expect to understand it without understanding syntax and basic programming fundamentals. 

graziani:

Thanks max,

there were also some other issues, which wouldn't work with strict programming, so it is not so easy nor obvious for a non-programmer to solve this.

Anyway most concepts you described i have already read on other forums and in source, what is not clear to me is it really possible to use it, because i am watching on graph and simply not seeing the moment where this indicator could improve my entry criteria.
I understand the probability concept, so i am not looking for holly grail, but practical info, like what TF, with what parameters and an example perhaps.

Hi graziani,   one interesting way to use the FDI is similar to stocastic or CCI: instead of the oversell and overbought levels of Stoch/CCI , with FDI we have "end-of-range" levels at 1.55-1.65 and  "end-of-trend" levels at 1.45-1.35.  As far as the TF, I find better patterns with the lower ones (1m,5m,15m).

I attach two  images referring to stock indexes , same approach for FX crosses (attached EUR/USD 1m).

In my opinion , more than visual analysis the FDI deserve efforts in improving the performance of  EAs strategies.

My current aim is to include FDI in some EAs I already coded and backtest their plain strategy vs the FDI enhanced version.

Hoping to show you soon some good equity curve from my strategy tester.. ;-)

cheers !

FDI Metatrader 1m TF

maxxmax:

Hi graziani,   one interesting way to use the FDI is similar to stocastic or CCI: instead of the oversell and overbought levels of Stoch/CCI , with FDI we have "end-of-range" levels at 1.55-1.65 and  "end-of-trend" levels at 1.45-1.35.  As far as the TF, I find better patterns with the lower ones (1m,5m,15m).

I attach two  images referring to stock indexes , same approach for FX crosses (attached EUR/USD 1m).

In my opinion , more than visual analysis the FDI deserve efforts in improving the performance of  EAs strategies.

My current aim is to include FDI in some EAs I already coded and backtest their plain strategy vs the FDI enhanced version.

Hoping to show you soon some good equity curve from my strategy tester.. ;-)

cheers !

Very interesting indicator and idea, thank you for sharing.

hi max,

thanks for the examples!

Reason: