code change outside of metaeditor

when i change code outside of metaeditor, while it is still open in metaeditor, in MT4 metaeditor that window is marked with an asterisk, while in MT5 metaeditor i get a alert that code is changed outside, and i can choose to keep the version in editor or to revert to version saved on disk.

shouldn't editors now act in the same way?

i would like to have this MT5 functionality in MT4. is there perhaps a setting i am missing?

graziani:

when i change code outside of metaeditor, while it is still open in metaeditor, in MT4 metaeditor that window is marked with an asterisk, while in MT5 metaeditor i get a alert that code is changed outside, and i can choose to keep the version in editor or to revert to version saved on disk.

i would like to have this MT5 functionality in MT4. is there perhaps a setting i am missing?

So far I assumed there was only a single editor for both terminal versions.

graziani:

Is it the same build ? It can also be related to 32/64 bits version.

well it can be demonstrated on latest builds of MT4 and MT5, although it works in that way for a long time.

i got used on that behaviour in MT4 (you close and reopen changed files), but as i was working with MT5 last few days, i thought that i could get used on the MT5 automatism as well. ;)

Reason: