Why do I not get help

I am not able to get Meta4 to install. Have placed 2 prior subjects with no answers. Can someone please help?

Downloads fine. Get proxy server pop up at location step. Have disabled anti-virus. Made Explorer default browser. Tried clicking cancel and placing Server sent by login info.

Using Win7.

Please help. At least reply.

Thanks

Mark

Some ideas:
  • Be more descriptive. 
  • Post some screenshots so that we can see how far installation went.
  • Write detailed steps on what you did (what proxy? what popup?).
  • Use proper English, for most of the people here English is not native and they have hard time understanding slang and shortened sentences.

mlattin:

I am not able to get Meta4 to install. Have placed 2 prior subjects with no answers. Can someone please help?

Perhaps nobody reading your posts knows the answer . .  what did the Service Desk say ?

How do I get to Service Desk?

To be more clear. I can download the set up .exe file with no problem. When clicking the file to run install, I am able to complete the first 2 step of agreement. At the install location when clicking next, I get a pop up for a proxy server log in. I do not use a proxy server. I contacted my internet provider and was informed that it is a program fault and contact them. I hope this is clear enough.

Service Desk

you can also try to install on another computer (not necessarily win 7 , even win XP or whatever)

copy the entire folder (MT4) to your computer (win 7)  

I only have 1 computer.

How do I copy the entire folder?

Thanks for help:)) 

mlattin:

I only have 1 computer.

what difference does it make if you don't have another computer

mlattin:

use a flash drive or whatever

mlattin:

How do I get to Service Desk?

To be more clear. I can download the set up .exe file with no problem. When clicking the file to run install, I am able to complete the first 2 step of agreement. At the install location when clicking next, I get a pop up for a proxy server log in. I do not use a proxy server. I contacted my internet provider and was informed that it is a program fault and contact them. I hope this is clear enough.

The setup.exe is a pre-installer, when you run setup.exe it needs to connect to the internet to download the full MT4 installation, it sounds like the installer could not access the download server from your computer for some reason if not because you use a proxy server then maybe a firewall is blocking the connection. From your subsequent questions about how to copy a folder I am guessing someone else usually sets up your computer for you, you should ask them to take a look at it.

qjol:

what difference does it make if you don't have another computer

use a flash drive or whatever

Where do I get the download from?

on the bottom of every page there is a link to download

Reason: