How to launch a script form EA ? Gives error 126.

Hello MQL4 coders,

My question should be very basic but after reading the MQL4 docs and searching this forum I did not find an answer.

I have my Expert Advisor which needs to launch a script that I have writen and get result of the calculation. The reason why I want to use a script is that the EA is run 'tickwise' and I need to do my calculation 'periodwise' i.e. if I select H1 on my chart it needs to work hourly. My script will compare the current High[0] with previous bar's high High[1] (60 minutes ago) and maybe High[2] (120 minutes ago) and High[3] etc. I wrote the function in EA and it gave bogus results because it was comparing High[0] (this tick) with High[1] (previous tick) .i.e 'tickwise'.

My EA looks like this:
#import "scripts\UpTrending.mq4"
    bool UpTrending();

start()
{
    if (UpTreding() )
        GoLong();
}
My script is in the experts\scripts directory and is called UpTrending.mq4
The script compiles fine. The EA also compiles fine. But I get a runtime error when running the EA:
cannot load library 'scripts\UpTrending' (error 126)
If I change the paths in the #import preprocessor directive I get same result.
If I leave out the #import altogether, the EA will not even compile! It gives:
UpTrending - function is not defined
Yet I don't have to declare or import the built-in indicators or built-in scripts, do I?

No doubt there is a simple answer, but I couldn't find it.
Please help.

BTW: the error 126 is not listed in stdlib.mqh so I don't even know what it is.
Oh, and if there is a different way to achieve 'periodwise' execution I'd be glad to hear it too.

Many thanx in advance.
Mark.

error 126 is operating system error
===
//
// MessageId: ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND
//
// MessageText:
//
// The specified module could not be found.
//
#define ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND 126L
===

#import "scripts\UpTrending.ex4" !!! not mq4

Your script must be compiled

The slash should be a forward slash, not a backward slash.
Not \, but /

Well I am now using iHigh() and iLow() which are the functions to do the 'periodwise' processing that I wanted. I found out about these 
in some other thread (though you couldn't tell just by looking at the threads' title). 
Anyway, the iHigh() and iLow() seem to work well and also I am putting my functions into Libraries - the only question I now have is:

Can you use global variables (declared in EA prior to any functions) in the Library functions?

When I tried it, the library file wouldn't compile - it said some error 'undeclared variable' or such.
I then tried to put in EXTERN directive but that didn't work either.

So the original question of how to launch a script from within an Expert Advisor I don't now need answered - it's just now
a theoretical question.

Cheers everybody.
BTW, The forward slash or backward slash issue - it doesn't matter, the compiler is happy with either, I tried both and both work.

mab, about the globals: No, you cannot, but you can use MT4-wide globals (look in the help file). This is however VERY ugly coding, not to be recommended. Just supply them as parameters.
Reason: