How can you execute a custom indicator on a chart from a running EA?

HELP!

So I have an EA running on a chart and I can manually execute my custom indicator on the chart and that all works fine.

But when I run the back tester and set the Visual mode on, I want it to run a custom indicator that paints lines and day markers on the chart each day. I can position it in the script so that it runs when I want it to, and I know the path to the file, but I can't fathom what the code is to execute the custom indicator. 'icustom' is used to generate put the results into the EA, but I have that covered elesewhere, I just need to execute the indicator.

It can't be that hard can it?? Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Tim 

timdchambers:  I can't fathom what the code is to execute the custom indicator. 'icustom' is used to generate put the results into the EA, 
Because there is NO such code.
You can read the indicators values into the EA via iCustom.
You can attach the indicator manually or by tester.tpl

WHRoeder:
timdchambers:  I can't fathom what the code is to execute the custom indicator. 'icustom' is used to generate put the results into the EA, 
Because there is NO such code.
You can read the indicators values into the EA via iCustom.
You can attach the indicator manually or by tester.tpl

ok, I think by quoting the iCustom command I was confusing the issue. So as I understand it now and inidcator can't be launched onto a chart by executing a command 'in' the EA?

When I manually launch the custom indicator on the chart that is thrown up by the tester, it runs for one 24hour period then stops....whereas during live trading it runs fine day after day. This is why I was trying to add the indicator to a function that runs within the EA once a day....

Thanks for your response WHRoeder, please could you expand a bit on the tester.tpl?? I've tried googling it but still don't quite get it.

Tim 

timdchambers: I've tried googling it but still don't quite get it.
Really? http://bit.ly/1ohujOv
Reason: