Problem with #import library (Win XP, build 646)

Hi guys,

I have problem with  #import function on pc with system Win XP (!) On pc with system Vista the same code working ok

My code library:  ..\MQL4\Libraries

#property copyright "Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"
#property version   "1.00"
#property strict
#property library

int My(int value,int value2) export
   { value+=10;
    return(value+value2);
   }

My code script:  ..\MQL4\Scripts

#property copyright "Copyright 2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "https://www.mql5.com"
#property version   "1.00"
#property strict

#import "UTM.ex4"
  int My(int value, int value2);
#import

void OnStart()
  {
    Alert("Script..",My(10,10));
  }

Both compile is ok but after run script on graph, window terminal -> Strategy write:

2014.06.20 09:12:29.109 unresolved import function call

2014.06.20 09:12:29.109 Cannot find 'My' in 'UTM.ex4'

Thank you for help! 

is the name of the file \MQL4\Libraries\utm.ex4 ?

Hi guys,

new information about this problem ... maybe for others..

I don´t know why but if close row in library code

#property strict 

my script works ok.

I have the same problem - compiling a 120KB library file without #property strict will compile with no errors and generate a 212KB ex4 file. Adding #property strict will also compile with no errors but the ex4 file is only 10KB, and the EA reports missing functions.

Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but if the library file includes an mqh file which has #property strict then the library file will still use the strict property (even though it does not have the #property strict itself). The MQL4 reference says that any property in an include file is completely ignored.

Yes, I am now getting the same thing. Only started recently using the same files I've used for over a year. And, on my XP machines, but not on the Win 7 machine.   This has now rendered my systems useless.  Interestingly, dropping the indicator and/or EA on the chart it works. But after saving to a template then dropping on another chart, the new chart throws up these errors.

Running build 711. A prompt solution would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is where the ability to disable auto-update would really really save a lot of grief. hint hint.

AN UPDATE, IF IT HELPS :::

Moving the functions from a called library directly into the include file makes them "findable" during runtime, hence all works ok. Has a process during compilation changed recently? and should we then move ALL functions to include files ... in other words, are libraries now obsolete?

Reason: