storage of trailing stop in points

With an open trade, you can - with right click - open the trailing stop window and set the trailing stop in points.

Does anyone here know, where those settings are stored and how it's possible to read them?

I found a file named "trailingstop.ini" in the profiles-folder, but even in case I would read it as a flat file, I don't have any idea how. Opened it in hex-editor without getting any clues.

Of course I searched the manual and the net for it -> no success.

It would be great to find someone skillfulll.

Thanks

Sya

could you please explain what your goal is ?

Thank you for your instant reply, qjol.

My goal is to insert an unusual custom trailing stop level, maybe 22. And to react within an indicator to this 22 by setting a certain stoploss (price). In this case Zero, when the ASK had been above the ASK of the order and then came back to 0 difference.

There are possibilities to handle this condition in different ways, but not selectively for one order.

Since I don't know the solution I'm searching for, I now started with implementing a text into the chart and retrieving it by objectname(i), but oddly enough, it wont show up in the program, though in the Object List of the chart (ctrl-B) it's included. Seems I don't have great luck with my idea ;-)

Thanks

Sya

why not do it with an EA why manually ?

I think, the way I originally planned it, is the quickest. Plus I have the possibility to look it up for every order (wether I entered the condition).

Beside I don't know how to choose a distinct order per EA to set it. I think (if there should be a possibility), I had to inscribe the OrderNo. This wouldn't apply in case my solution was possible. Plus, as said, I had no chance to check it later. Or to remove it in a rapid.

Using the custom trailing stop, I would have it all in one place.

In case there is no chance to do so: Would you please tell me how to access text that isn't put on the chart by an EA, but manually? Would be of great help.

Thanks again

Sya

in my opinion,the trailing stop setting in mt4 platform is stored in remote server,because when you close the client,the trailing stop seems to be active.

trailing stop could be realized by EA,and in EA the only restriction is the stop and current price gap should big than MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL).

hope that be helpful~ 

Actually trailing stop inside MT4 is like an ea. Once you close your terminal, the trailing stop will stop to work. If you see like the trailing stop seems to be active because previously the SL have been set. But it will stop at the last position once MT4 closed.

Thanks you both, Moggy and deysmacro 

As far as I see, the Trailing Stop is only active, when the session is open. Only fix stoploss and takeProfit outlast the checkout. I think, I also had read so somewhere.

But after a new login, the system still remembers the trailing stops. Of course, they might be stored on the server, but to me it is more likely, the information is saved local. Why should they store something, they don't need? But anyway I should try to start the session offline and check, wether the trailing stops are still visible.

If the are, the question remains, where the information lies and how to read it. MT4 seems to offer no method, but if I knew the file and its structure, I could try to read it out.

Have a nice trading day

Reason: