Excel 2013 and live data import via DDE

I am unable to get an answer from Microsoft as to whether the rather old DDE technology regrettably used by MT4 for importing live data into Excel is supported in Excel 2013.  I have followed the correct protocol but the Excel DDE formula =MT4|BID!EURUSD will simply not return the live data seen updating live inside the MT4 application on my PC (the cell shows N\A).  So, can anyone please answer the question as to whether DDE is supported in Excel 2013/Office 365? I run the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 on an Acer fully up-to-date PC.  Do you know of any 3rd parties that offer a solution to my problem?

PJB123PJB:
I am unable to get an answer from Microsoft as to whether the rather old DDE technology regrettably used by MT4 for importing live data into Excel is supported in Excel 2013.  I have followed the correct protocol but the Excel DDE formula =MT4|BID!EURUSD will simply not return the live data seen updating live inside the MT4 application on my PC (the cell shows N\A).  So, can anyone please answer the question as to whether DDE is supported in Excel 2013/Office 365? I run the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 on an Acer fully up-to-date PC.  Do you know of any 3rd parties that offer a solution to my problem?

I think the surest way to import data into Excel using special expert or an indicator.

It is ok. =MT4|BID!EURUSD

my symbol is EURUSD.. than I use =MT4|BID!EURUSD..

you must allow dde server in MT4.

Good luck all , y2k 

Reason: