Is it possible to read market data from a different server?

It seems there will always be another hurdle. I thought I was ready to go live: paste my custom indicator into a live account, but CRASH! it produced nothing even approaching the results that it does in the demo account. (Same broker for both accounts). Sure enough, I go back and find data differences between the demo and live servers, though I had been told more than once that they are the same.

That's demo to live account. But how do I know if they switch me from this live server to another live server, that data differences won't appear there as well?

So I'm asking if MQL4 and the server structure in any way allow one to see data from one of the broker's other servers, besides the one officially assigned to the account. I don't mean that I have to redraw the bars - the differences I'm talking about are usually less than a pip, but enough to throw off my indicator. But if I could read other HLCV data, I could use it for indicator and EA input instead.

Thanks for any information on this. 

I think you can if you use two MT4's and named pipes to communicate.

LouK:

It seems there will always be another hurdle. I thought I was ready to go live: paste my custom indicator into a live account, but CRASH! it produced nothing even approaching the results that it does in the demo account. (Same broker for both accounts). Sure enough, I go back and find data differences between the demo and live servers, though I had been told more than once that they are the same.

That's demo to live account. But how do I know if they switch me from this live server to another live server, that data differences won't appear there as well?

So I'm asking if MQL4 and the server structure in any way allow one to see data from one of the broker's other servers, besides the one officially assigned to the account. I don't mean that I have to redraw the bars - the differences I'm talking about are usually less than a pip, but enough to throw off my indicator. But if I could read other HLCV data, I could use it for indicator and EA input instead.

Thanks for any information on this. 

start with

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/503 

Reason: