Build 646: Bool variables are not giving the correct settings - page 3

GumRai:

So with 646, I will be able to put an EA on 2 charts with different input magic numbers and if I make some changes to the code and recompile, they will keep their individual magic numbers?

That will be great :D

Yes, I already experiment that. Useful.

MrLong:

Okay, just to confirm, this is a bug? but a feature if we know about it.
In my opinion it's a feature. Anyway, now you are aware of it, so you have to deal with.

Changelog is here.

deysmacro:

Yeah. At first I didn't realize it but it is becoming more and more convenient that way since I don't have to re-input settings every time there is a re-compile.

But I don't think just 646, a few previous builds should have it too.

They don't or should I say, they have never done before 646.

Is there any way to reset external/input variables to ones that are written in code, not property window?

alop:
Is there any way to reset external/input variables to ones that are written in code, not property window?

I've found this an absolute pain, even causing me to look for bugs in my code because I sometimes forget about this bug.

I just remove the extern from the front of the variables and re-compile. 

MrLong: I just remove the extern from the front of the variables and re-compile.
or use
// #define EXTERN extern
EXTERN typename var1=...;
EXTERN typename var2=...;

WHRoeder:

or use

I don't get your example with EXTERN written with cap locks? 

I can't beleive anyone would compain about this new feature, the forced reset of parameters on running instances of the indicator used to be an unavoidable and usually undesireable side effect of recompiling especially when in the testing phase with several instances set up with different parameters.

SDC:

I can't beleive anyone would compain about this new feature, the forced reset of parameters on running instances of the indicator used to be an unavoidable and usually undesireable side effect of recompiling especially when in the testing phase with several instances set up with different parameters.

It's not a feature it's a bug. If it was a feature we would have known about it.

It is better that MetaQuotes gives the ability so that user can decide either he wants to reset or not after recompiling, right ?
Reason: