Build 646: problems with debugging

With the new version of MetaTrader 646 (30 april) the debugger doesn't give any result of the variables (Expression could not be evalueted). Why? do you have the same problem?

Your expression must have something wrong with it. Show us your code if you need help. Use SRC when posting the codes. :)

I don't think, Deysmacro, it's a problem of code, because with the build 625 everything was working well with the debugging. Now for all the variables there isn't any value.

Then show us the code. Someone will point it to you if they have the time.

No - i can confirm this is a bug where by it is impossible to use "watch variable" functionality.

You can have breakpoints activated but cant expect variables. I can confirm that this is not the "out of scope" issue you may be referring for source code to.

MT4 build 646

MetaEditor build 934

Expressions come up in red with "Expression could not be evaluated".

Unacceptable to ship an update with basic functionality broken.

void OnStart()
  {
//---
   bool     bResponse=false;
   double   dDouble=99;

dDouble=dDouble*dDouble;   //set breakpoint here

//upon hitting the break-point, include dDouble and bResponse into the Watch Window
   //both are in red and say "Expression could not be evaluated"

dDouble=MathSqrt(dDouble); //step-to here and examine bResponse and dDouble

//both are in red and say "Expression could not be evaluated"

}
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

Thanks avader906.

I agree with you: it's completely unacceptable to release an update with such a big bug!!

avader906:

No - i can confirm this is a bug where by it is impossible to use "watch variable" functionality.

You can have breakpoints activated but cant expect variables. I can confirm that this is not the "out of scope" issue you may be referring for source code to.

MT4 build 646

MetaEditor build 934

Expressions come up in red with "Expression could not be evaluated".

Unacceptable to ship an update with basic functionality broken.

Did you report this bug to the ServiceDesk of Metaquotes ?

I've sent email to support @ ///

Is there a way to submit a bug report besides spending time on opening account on another website (mql5.com) ?

avader906:

I've sent email to support @ ///

Is there a way to submit a bug report besides spending time on opening account on another website (mql5.com) ?

I dont think so but I already have an account there I'll report your bug with your src code to the service desk.

Edit: Done: Report#1008486

Thank you !

IMHO this bug could be related to following Windows Updates (Win7 x64 system) that either broke dependencies or the way debugger attaches to and examines the memory of the process

KB2952664 (Update for Windows 7 for x64 - based Systems)

KB2964358 (Security Update for Internet Exlorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems)

I don't think that this bug is related to the Windows 7 updates because I have the same problem also with Wxp x32.
Reason: