Keyboard speed

I recently upgraded mt4 platform to build 625. I like the new compiler because it is ultra-fast. But I found a new problem that I did not have before.

When I am editing my source code, when I am typing in a new line or adding or editing an existing line, it takes for ever for keystrokes to appear on the screen.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do in order to speed up the process of keystrokes appearing on the screen?

Did you restart your PC yet ?

deysmacro:
Did you restart your PC yet ?

I did restart after I saw your suggestion. No difference. Thanks anyway.

Last time it did happened to me too actually but unfortunately, I don't remember what I did to make it go away.

If I remember it again, I will post here. Well, in the mean time, someone will answer too if they know what should be done.

However, did you check Task Manager in case something is using the cpu power?

deysmacro:

Last time it did happened to me too actually but unfortunately, I don't remember what I did to make it go away.

If I remember it again, I will post here. Well, in the mean time, someone will answer too if they know what should be done.

However, did you check Task Manager in case something is using the cpu power?

Thanks. I think it can not be cpu problem because when I compile 55000 line ea, it compiles in less than a second. When I type from keyboard,

after I type in one character, I have to wait for one second or more before it appears in the EA. It is killing me. I can not get anything done at this speed.

Help!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I think it can not be cpu problem because when I compile 55000 line ea, it compiles in less than a second. When I type from keyboard,

after I type in one character, I have to wait for one second or more before it appears in the EA. It is killing me. I can not get anything done at this speed.

Help!!!!!!!!!

Assuming that the keystroke problem exists only in the MT4 MetaEditor and not also in other editors - notepad, word etc.

This often works with hard to pin problems. If not, further investigations start from a clean slate.

1. Save all indicators, EAs, scripts etc., to a backup folder. Saving the the entire MQL4 folder and templates to the back up folder should take care of most of the back up. If sound and profiles are are required do them too.
  2. Completely uninstall MT4. During the uninstall don't save user setting. After uninstall DELETE all old MT4 folders that the uninstall did not delete - a clean slate is required.
  3. Run a registry cleaner. CCleaner has a registery cleaner - if you don't have it. Perhaps, SuperAntiSpyware for good measure.
  4. Download a fresh MT4 install from Broker and Install.
  5. Copy required back up files - indicators, etc., to the new install.

1. Don't use registry cleaner, most registry cleaner or whatever-registry are not created by Microsoft, but by other people other than Microsoft. Microsoft is the only one who know a lot about Windows Operating System including its registry.

2. Run System File Checker (SFC)

Here's SFC for XP : http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/system_file_checker.mspx?mfr=true

Here's SFC for Vista/7 : https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Try to finish/complete running SFC until 100 %, but whether 100 % or not you must restart after running SFC. If SFC not finished/completed 100 %, restart and try to run SFC again in Safe Mode until 100 %.

Do not run SFC together with System Restore, coz your system will never ever able to run again.

7325453863:

Help!!!!!!!!!

I suggest you to report this to the ServiceDesk of Metaquotes.

The same problem. Even worse after I press keys it takes about 3-4 seconds before letters actually appear on screen! (version 933 of the MetaEditor)

In version 914 from 21.03.2014 I don't' have such problem - everything is reasonably light and fast .

So my advice - do not allow your terminal to update to this version till the bug is fixed if you want to actually work with the code.

Actually I am on latest and no such thing happens. Though it did happen on previous update or so but unfortunately I unable to ring the bell of how I did to make it go away.

Happy to say, just installed a new instance of metatrader with MetaEditor Build 934 - everything works fine with no freezes.
Reason: