how to get the path to the data folder - page 2

angevoyageur:
Good question.

Thanks to jjc's post in this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/149578/page2#983327

We need to MD5 the upper case version of my string without the trailing slash using unicode and not ASCII.

Problem is now solved :)

hey guys

how can one restrict the data folder to prevent unauthorize people copy of any system on the terminal 

thanks

Ok. I was searching to find the market data files so I can do a backup, but there is no simple answer provided, so I provide it here for others coming after me.

In MetaTrader 4 click 'File'. In the drop-down menu click on 'Open Data Folder'. Explorer will open the folder corresponding to your MetaTrader installation.

This is the path in Windows 10:

C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\"metatrader-installation-id-string"

The names of the folders are pretty much self-explanatory. For copying data to another pc, or doing a backup for a Windows reinstall, you can for example copy the following folders to your new/backup location:

'Templates' for your saved templates (and those that came with the installation).

For indicators and expert advisors open the 'MQL4' or 5 folder and copy your selected indicators or experts from the 'Indicators' and 'Experts' folders. Note that the .mq4 are the non-compiled and the .ex4 are the compiled ones.

For market data open 'history' folder. The 'Name of your broker' folder contains the market data you have downloaded when working with your charts. Copy both the mentioned one and the 'deleted' folder.

GormTheOld

Hello guys. Please I need to solve the path folder I have installed my mt4 and when I want to (Open Folder Data) It goes to the (C\program files\Mt4\...) but why not (C\users\pc\appdata\Roaming\metaquotes...) ?
because I have faced problems in the charts to save my analyzes.
Reason: