Chart objects on two different pane

Hello Support,

I have following question:

1- I am developing an indicator in which I want some chart objects i.e Arrows to be on main window and some other results of the same indicator to be on a separate window. Can I do this in one single indicator or will I have to create two different indicators and then setting indicator_chart_window property differently ?

2- Can we make indicator_chart_window this property a user defined variable so that user can decide on which pane he/she want the output?

Thanks,

Wajeeha

Standard solution:

2 different indicator with different property with different name-purpose

As far as I understand, if you set #property indicator_separate_window you can place objects in the main window.

Just use window 0 when you create the object

bugs09:

2- Can we make indicator_chart_window this property a user defined variable so that user can decide on which pane he/she want the output?

AFAIK it's not possible

bugs09:

Hello Support,

I have following question:

1- I am developing an indicator in which I want some chart objects i.e Arrows to be on main window and some other results of the same indicator to be on a separate window. Can I do this in one single indicator or will I have to create two different indicators and then setting indicator_chart_window property differently ?

You can draw objects where you want. But the indicator (buffer) itself can only drawn on 1 window.

No you can't, you have to choose the more adapted #property directive.

Thanks,

Wajeeha

You are welcome.

angevoyageur:
You can draw objects where you want. But the indicator (buffer) itself can only drawn on 1 window.

No you can't, you have to choose the more adapted #property directive.

You are welcome.

Thanks you everybody.

Just to confirm angevoyageur if I am using following lines it will plot arrow in the specified indicator window

SetIndexBuffer(2, g_ibuf_188);
SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_ARROW, EMPTY, 3, Alert_Long_Color);
SetIndexArrow(2, SYMBOL_ARROWUP); 

But if I am using graphical objects I can set objects to any window. Right?

Thanks,

don't post decompiled code

When you pass that arrow to the chart with an indicator buffer it is drawn at a certain time and price location it becomes part of the chart just like the candles.
You can not click on that arrow or a candle and move it like a graphical object.

It is part of the chart now... it is not ON the chart it is IN the chart ...
If you click on it you will get the properties of the indicator and the option to delete the indicator..

If you Place an arrow on a chart using ObjectCreate() then yes you can put it wherever you designate and yes you can grab it and move it on your chart.
It is ON your chart not IN your chart.... subtle differences yet very important..
PipPIp...Jimdandy

bugs09:

Thanks you everybody.

Just to confirm angevoyageur if I am using following lines it will plot arrow in the specified indicator window

But if I am using graphical objects I can set objects to any window. Right?

Thanks,

Yes.

I invite you to pay attention to the post of qjol.

qjol:
don't post decompiled code

This was not supposed to be used as code. I just wanted to him know the method I was using in my code.

angevoyageur:

Yes.

I invite you to pay attention to the post of qjol.

Thanks you angevoyageur that really helped.

Reason: