Protect EA

hi, I am going to sell the EA I've just finished. Of course I have to create some kind of protection for it.

I created a web site where to sell the product, and i thought that i could ask my customer to subscribe to be able to buy and download the EA. Then, after download, I could ask for the N accoun numbers on which the user is gonna use the EA.

It would be great if the EA would be able to comunicate with the web server of my web site, and looking for the account number associated to the terminal that is running the EA inside the list of my subscribers' account numbers.

I read something about SendFTP() function, but i think that is not my case since it is made just to send stuff, not to read..

Do you have any idea or help???

thank you veeeeery much!!

There are many third-party protection service provider for mql4. Just use google.

Is it that difficoult that there is no chance dor a private to do it?

It could get complicated, some traders have several accounts with different brokers, for example I have several different live accounts with one broker all have diferent account numbers plus a demo account, plus demos on the metaquotes server.

Everything is possible and can be done the question is how much effort you wanna put into this have a look into the WinINet functions I'm sure you gonna find something useful,

Manuel.Vene:

hi, I am going to sell the EA I've just finished. Of course I have to create some kind of protection for it.

I created a web site where to sell the product, and i thought that i could ask my customer to subscribe to be able to buy and download the EA. Then, after download, I could ask for the N accoun numbers on which the user is gonna use the EA.

It would be great if the EA would be able to comunicate with the web server of my web site, and looking for the account number associated to the terminal that is running the EA inside the list of my subscribers' account numbers.

I read something about SendFTP() function, but i think that is not my case since it is made just to send stuff, not to read..

Do you have any idea or help???

thank you veeeeery much!!

Why not use the MQL4 Market ? Your ex4 are encrypted and secure, when someone download a code, it's linked to the hardware, you don't have to create a website all is already done. You only have to add a widget to your site.

angevoyageur:
Why not use the MQL4 Market ? Your ex4 are encrypted and secure, when someone download a code, it's linked to the hardware, you don't have to create a website all is already done. You only have to add a widget to your site.

Am I right that using the mt4-widgets will publish somehow the EA or the indicator?

gooly:

Am I right that using the mt4-widgets will publish somehow the EA or the indicator?
Sorry but what do you mean ? A widget propose a link to the published EA/indicator on mql5.com

angevoyageur:
Sorry but what do you mean ?

Protected but not being published (only for some peoples) - ok not possible that way, thanks

If you have something that is seriously worth protecting, you could do the same as some of us have done and tie the executable to a website where you control the extent of licensing. The users can maintain whatever they need for their runtime when the licence is valid. Works a treat, but don't underestimate the amount of effort required to get it right.

ballenoz:
If you have something that is seriously worth protecting, you could do the same as some of us have done and tie the executable to a website where you control the extent of licensing. The users can maintain whatever they need for their runtime when the licence is valid. Works a treat, but don't underestimate the amount of effort required to get it right.

So you are using a DLL, with an encrypted protocol (SSL maybe :-) to communicate with your website ?

Reason: