Internet access / GrabWeb issue

Back to topics list To post a new topic, please log in or register
Jacques366 2014.04.12 17:04

I have noticed that when I recompile the GrabWeb function using the MT4 Version: 4.0 Build 625 (21 Mar 2014) the InternetReadFile() does not return anything but a space (1 character long) for every reading instead of the correct strings.

If, on the same platform as above mentioned, I run the same program using an old load module (.ex4) issued from a compilation realized a few weeks ago it runs OK. So I tend to think there has been something changed between b 620 and b 625 that produces this annoyance. That can be in the compilation process itself, in a module linked during that process or a module called during execution time of the InternetReadFile() or InternetConnectW() maybe... or somewhere I am not able to imagine.

I run the platform provided by different brokers as well as the one downloaded from MetaQuotes to see if the issue was persistent. I also run them in different Windows.

(I having the same issue using WinInet)

1 - Am I the only one to get this issue? (before testing a recompilation save your load module)

2 - Please where can I find the information I need to correct my code ?

3 - Is there a way to block upgrade of the platform without being asked ? Maybe a file to protect from being overwritten or a way to trap the version in a program (like the account information, if the DLL calls are allowed (I would like to make some tests before using a new version in order to ensure the permanence of my own programs)

I am joining the GrabWeb function that I am using in case it appears obvious for some of you that this comes from the code:

bool GrabWeb(string strUrl, string& strWebPage)
   {// taken from the script GRABWEB
    string URL="";
    int    HttpOpen    = InternetOpenW(" ", 0, " "," ",0 ); 
    int    HttpConnect = InternetConnectW(HttpOpen, "", 80, "", "", 3, 0, 1); 
    int    HttpRequest = InternetOpenUrlW(HttpOpen,URL, NULL, 0, 0, 0);
    int    read[1];
    string Buffer = " ";
    string NEWS = "";
    while (true)
       InternetReadFile(HttpRequest, Buffer, StringLen(Buffer), read);
       if (read[0] > 0) 
          {NEWS = NEWS + StringSubstr(Buffer, 0, read[0]);
    strWebPage = NEWS;
    if (HttpRequest > 0) InternetCloseHandle(HttpRequest); 
    if (HttpConnect > 0) InternetCloseHandle(HttpConnect); 
    if (HttpOpen > 0) 
       int bSuccess = InternetCloseHandle(HttpOpen); 

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jacques366 2014.04.13 10:10 #

Thanks a lot qjol, it's fixed now.

And I have found the answer concerning the point 3 : TerminalInfoInteger(TERMINAL_BUILD);

deVries 2014.04.13 10:33 #

Thanks a lot qjol, it's fixed now.

Have you an idea about the point 3 ?

if file doesn't exist download file set globalvariable lastupdatetime

if file exist check lastupdatetime for checking if you want to download it again

Back to topics list  

To add comments, please log in or register