Question: AutoTrading switch

About the AutoTrading button at the top of the Terminal, which I recall used to be named "Experts" or whatever:

I was fairly certain that pre upgrade, the "Experts" switch would pause my EA, Alerts, everything the EA did.

Now when I click the "AutoTrading" button so that it displays the red dot, my EA keeps running. The switch seems to have no effect.

Why?

Thanks for the help.

LouK:

About the AutoTrading button at the top of the Terminal, which I recall used to be named "Experts" or whatever:

I was fairly certain that pre upgrade, the "Experts" switch would pause my EA, Alerts, everything the EA did.

Now when I click the "AutoTrading" button so that it displays the red dot, my EA keeps running. The switch seems to have no effect.

Why?

Thanks for the help.

See https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/150481, point 6.

angevoyageur:
See https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/150481, point 6.

Thanks. I'd seen the page, missed that one, though.

At times I want to stop the stream of Alerts. Is there a quick key for that rather than opening the dialog to turn off Alerts?

LouK:

Thanks. I'd seen the page, missed that one, though.

At times I want to stop the stream of Alerts. Is there a quick key for that rather than opening the dialog to turn off Alerts?

You have the settings in the properties of your EA. Are you talking about this dialog ?

angevoyageur:
You have the settings in the properties of your EA. Are you talking about this dialog ?

Yes. Is there a key shortcut to do it faster? When the Experts button stopped everything, that was helpful to me. I just want alerts when the thing is actually trading.

Hope that's clear.

Thanks.

LouK:

Yes. Is there a key shortcut to do it faster? When the Experts button stopped everything, that was helpful to me. I just want alerts when the thing is actually trading.

Hope that's clear.

Thanks.

It's clear. But the only way I can think about is to modify your EA to not send alerts when trading is disabled.

Can anyone please help me with the Autotrading Switch?

I want to be able to set it so it can turn on and off three diferent time slots throughout the day. Is this possible please anyone? I did have a file which turned it on at a set time but it would flicker on and off too many time between the on and off times?????

Thanks in advance

Nick

Reason: