help on a High-Low Routine - page 2

thrdel:

I've tested your code as it looked right to me and guess what ? The arrays were correctly re-sized and data was indeed copied into the array but...

only if the array size was 1000 or less. Starting at 1001, the array re-size worked - printed out 1001 - but no data was copied into the array.

It appears that there are some limitations, not sure why.

Try it, set your Periods to 1000, test it and then above 1000 and let us know if it's true.

Hope it helps

Hello.

You are almost real!!! But the "limit" is 2048!!!!!!!!

Probably there is a limitation but I think it must be a bug!!

Do you know if there is a service desk here or I must write about this on MQL5 forum?

Thanks

chronisb:
I need, for any minute bar from 0 to 25000, the max difference between the prices of the 2 pairs (ex. if pair1 price > pair2 price I want the: pair1 High price - pair2 Low price). Finally I want the max of these differences!

I've tried to fill the array with a loop and the result was the same, critical error if trying to get the High[1002] !!!

ArrayInitialize(PHigh,0.0);
   ArrayResize(PHigh,1005);
   for(int i=0;i<1002;i++)
     {
      PHigh[i]=High[i];
     }

It works fine up to 1001 and then critical error ! High[1002] is out of range?

Got over 5 million bars on M1 in history and 20k on chart !

Are this limits explained somewhere in the documentation ?

And you're trying to get how much data ? 25000 ? Good luck to you buddy.

chronisb:

Do you know if there is a service desk here or I must write about this on MQL5 forum?

Thanks

No, I'm not familiar with help desks and such.

For some reason on my mt4 the limit is clearly at 1000. Tried it different ways, didn't get any better.

PS. Here is the link for service desk. You may have to scroll down to find it.

chronisb:

Hello.

You are almost real!!! But the "limit" is 2048!!!!!!!!

Probably there is a limitation but I think it must be a bug!!

Thanks

How to contact to ServiceDesk of Metaquotes (on mql5.com)

Thanks angevoyageur,

and since you read quite a lot more posts than we do,have you come across with a similar situation on other posts ?

thrdel:

Thanks angevoyageur,

and since you read quite a lot more posts than we do,have you come across with a similar situation on other posts ?

Sorry, but you know, even if I read quickly most of the posts, I don't have time to read them carefully and to provide an answer (if I could).

Here it seems there is a bug, so the best thing to do is to report it.

angevoyageur:

Sorry, but you know, even if I read quickly most of the posts, I don't have time to read them carefully and to provide an answer (if I could).

Here it seems there is a bug, so the best thing to do is to report it.

Thanks
Reason: