Question about EAs - page 2

Jimdandy:

"So if an EA is defeated by on instrument will it be defeated by all instruments?"

The answer is no.

Do your homework and study market correlation as suggested.

Having non-correlated pairs is a key part to surviving.

"In a general sense"?.. there is no such thing in forex.

If we had any general sense we wouldn't be here......LOL

Hey jimdandy I used your videos to learn mql4, thanks a lot.

I'm not sure how much of it is valid any more but I'm glad you enjoyed them. Now we've all got to learn more about object oriented things and enums and structs and such...
If you are not learning you are not living.... enjoy the ride... PipPip..Jimdandy

MetaNt:

Allow me to rephrase my question because I think I am not putting the question across correctly.

Is any one market restricted in its capacity to behave in a certain way, or can any market behave like any other market, not necessarily on the same time, but at any time in the markets existence.

you never know until it happens

but in general anything can happen

John Maynard Keynes once said: "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"

Any market can do anything. However hopefully it can not go below zero so I guess in that respect it is restricted. The holy grail is to only take higher probability trades with set in concrete risk:reward limits. What's higher probability mean? Buy when it's low and sell when it's high. When is it low or high? Look to the left....PipPip..Jimdandy

p.s. now write me an ea that will do it....

qjol:

you never know until it happens

but in general anything can happen

John Maynard Keynes once said: "the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"

That quote is quite bleak did Jonh Maynard suffer from depression?

Jimdandy:

Any market can do anything. However hopefully it can not go below zero so I guess in that respect it is restricted. The holy grail is to only take higher probability trades with set in concrete risk:reward limits. What's higher probability mean? Buy when it's low and sell when it's high. When is it low or high? Look to the left....PipPip..Jimdandy

p.s. now write me an ea that will do it....

I'll send you some of my back tests results, I've been working on this EA non stop since early - mid December (as in very little sleep), its a min time-frame daily multicurrency EA.

MetaNt:

Allow me to rephrase my question because I think I am not putting the question across correctly.

Is any one market restricted in its capacity to behave in a certain way, or can any market behave like any other market, not necessarily on the same time, but at any time in the markets existence.

If the big boys wanted, yes. If you read the history about market movements, you will see why. In fact, you will not ask this question.

I would say any market can move in any way given the right circumstances. Just because they didnt already doesn't mean they cant.

SDC:
I would say any market can move in any way given the right circumstances. Just because they didnt already doesn't mean they cant.

the best definition that can be

qjol:

the best definition that can be

LOL ...
Reason: